Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92096 said:
No matter what happens to finish this season, I'm certain that we're going to have a new coach going forward. And I tell you, that just pumps me up. Just to be able to be optimistic again, to be unified with the fans again, to stick a fork into the vast majority of the negativity is going to be fabulous.

Saying that, there is going to be a lot of debate about the new hire, whoever it is. Some people aren't going to be happy with it. Whether or not I'll be "happy", I can't say, but I can say I'll be squarely behind whoever it is. Whoever is hired, I'm an instant nutswinger. Yup, even if it's Lane Kiffin. I'm going to support the new coach as much as I can.

We've got a tough road ahead of us, and the new coach is going to have his work cut out for him. I think the fan base is beaten down to the point where we can be faaaaar more patient than we've been in the past. We've been humbled, no doubt about that. To go from the mountaintop to filing out in the 3rd quarter of our Homecoming game in six years, that humbles people. We're a different group than we were five years ago. I don't know about better (some would say so), but different.

When our new coach is hired, you're going to see Gator fans that you forgot existed come out of the woodwork. The message boards are going to be flooded. Love and optimism will be flying everywhere - I nearly have a tear in my eye thinking about it.

I have no idea who the new hire is going to be but I'm already excited about it. Unlike last year, this could be one great offseason.

Discuss. And let's keep this thread positive. Tell me what you're looking forward to the most.

When you mentioned Lane Kiffiin as a possible head coach I felt the need for a Jack Daniels intervention. I just realized I have a prospect that trumps your Kiffin scenario. What kind of mind altering or mind numbing substance would you seek if AD Jeremy Foley announced Charlie Weis is the new Head Coach at the University of Florida? :)

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n93434 said:
I see. You don't want Stoops, I get that. Fine. However, your solution is Josh McDaniels? A guy who has never coached in college that was fired and run out of Denver on a rail? Have you noticed how many head coaching jobs he's been offered since then? Me neither.

Can UF really afford to take a big risk on another hire?

Sure my pick carries some risk and might not work. Then again it might brings us championships. Josh was one of a few names I threw out. I like him because he's a young offensive guy who's known as a helluva play caller. Good play callers are hard to find. Guys like SOS, Malzahn, Sumlin, Chip Kelly are all play callers. I'm not afraid to take that chance on a guy likt that.

You can have your safe career "also ran" or your career program destroyer Kiffin. Just hearing you mention Kiffin would be acceptable to you shows desperation and fear and you've never struck me as that kind of guy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n93486 said:
You can have your safe career "also ran" or your career program destroyer Kiffin. Just hearing you mention Kiffin would be acceptable to you shows desperation and fear and you've never struck me as that kind of guy.
Good Lord, for the third time: I HATE KIFFIN. I mentioned his name just to make a point. He's not going to be hired.

My main point is that we cannot afford to take another risk right now. Another Foley mistake will put the program back literally 10 years or more. This hire is critical and the program needs stability.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I know that "if" if was a fifth we would all be drunk, but what "if" T3 has the whole playbook and the foward pass is an option? Do you see our WRs catching the ball, and if they do can we win? I think our Defense will slow down the running game and if our Secondary plays the way they are capable of there should be very little in UGLY's passing game. "If" that is true I think we can upset them....okay I am a pumper and I know I need to go to meetings. However, I think that UGLY might be overlooking us and they think that they are looking good in the "Playoff Poll". There is room for an upset there. What say you?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Never say NEVER:
Close call: Somehow, some way, Florida won the 1971 game 17-15 in Gainesville. The Gators came in 0-5 while FSU was 5-0. But defensive back Jimmy Barr caught a fumble in mid-air and returned it 26 yards for a score and Florida stayed on the ground rather than risk turnovers from quarterback John Reaves.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n93507 said:
I know that "if" if was a fifth we would all be drunk, but what "if" T3 has the whole playbook and the foward pass is an option? Do you see our WRs catching the ball, and if they do can we win? I think our Defense will slow down the running game and if our Secondary plays the way they are capable of there should be very little in UGLY's passing game. "If" that is true I think we can upset them....okay I am a pumper and I know I need to go to meetings. However, I think that UGLY might be overlooking us and they think that they are looking good in the "Playoff Poll". There is room for an upset there. What say you?
They ain't gonna let Treon do much. Expect a VERY limited playbook.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n93507 said:

I think we can all agree with that! All kidding aside, sure, there's always that 1 in a million chance we could pull the upset. Queue the Lloyd Christmas gif, I know somebody will.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n93550 said:
Expect a VERY limited playbook.
And this would be different from the last 4 years how?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n93703 said:

Hey, they tried to open the playbook for Jeff and the offense, but they decided to color in it instead.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;93726 said:
divits;n93703 said:
Hey, they tried to open the playbook for Jeff and the offense, but they decided to color in it instead.
Muschamp said they used color pencils instead of crayons, insisting they could get it fixed that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.