Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since 2002, the Gators have only had four classes outside the top 10 in 247Sports' composite rankings. This year would be the fifth - and the third in a row.

That says it all.

There really no way around this for Butters and Company.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The 2002, the transition year from SOS to Zook, was the worst in 15 years when it landed, and it was far better than this. Obviously, this isn't a transition year so it shouldn't look like a transition class in any event.

You may be trying to pull your bullshyt bc it's not available on any data source I can find, but I was there. Many others were also. So where is your source? Link it or stop pulling shyt out of your azz.

I am beginning to have my doubts that you are a Gator at all. Rivals love Butters, for great reason.

You're always so pleasant to interact with.

You were there? LOL. It's not ancient history. I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people on this board were watching Gators football 16 years ago.

If you think knowing facts makes me less of a Gator fan, then I suppose I will have to live with that. You are the last person in the world that I wanted to disappoint, but I will try to carry on despite the burden.

The title thread is accurate as Rivals first published rankings in 2002. However, this class would have to fall yet further in the rankings to become the worst ranked Florida class in the 2000's.

The 2001 class had a total of 17 players. The 247sports composite team ranking (which averages the major recruiting services rankings) ranked the class 47th in the nation.

Florida's 2002 class was ranked 20th by Rivals.

In 2011 Will Muschamp signed just 19 players and yet managed to get a Rivals ranking of 12th. Nine of those players left the Gators before 2013. The stars of the class were Jeff Driskel and Jacoby Brissett. The most productive players were Louchiez Purifoy and Marcus Roberson. Despite Rivals declaring it the 12th best class in the nation it is almost certainly the worst class in the last three decades.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You were there? LOL. It's not ancient history. I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people on this board were watching Gators football 16 years ago.

If you think knowing facts makes me less of a Gator fan, then I suppose I will have to live with that. You are the last person in the world that I wanted to disappoint, but I will try to carry on despite the burden.

The title thread is accurate as Rivals first published rankings in 2002. However, this class would have to fall yet further in the rankings to become the worst ranked Florida class in the 2000's.

The 2001 class had a total of 17 players. The 247sports composite team ranking (which averages the major recruiting services rankings) ranked the class 47th in the nation.

In 2011 Will Muschamp signed just 19 players and yet managed to get a Rivals ranking of 12th. Nine of those players left the Gators before 2013. The stars of the class were Jeff Driskel and Jacoby Brissett. The most productive players were Louchiez Purifoy and Marcus Roberson. Despite Rivals declaring it the 12th best class in the nation it is almost certainly the worst class in the last three decades.
Until this one.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Can't blame it all on the kids. Muschamp and his coaching staff had a lot to do with it after they were signed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Roberson is still in the league somehow. I think Purifoy got cut after a few games and is playing in Canada now.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
247 didn't exist then and I don't think any of the other major services did either. It was basically guys like Tom Lemming posting their top 10.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So I want to know how much of Mac's salary could be attributed to recruiting, and I want his paycheck docked for that amount. Sorry, but he's getting paid top dollar to perform top quality work and he failed miserably in this area.

As a matter of fact his wages should be garnished for the past 2 years he's turned in a piss poor performance in recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're always so pleasant to interact with..
Link motherfckker, do ya speak it?
hqdefault.jpg

Your azz doesn't count as a source.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
247 didn't exist then and I don't think any of the other major services did either. It was basically guys like Tom Lemming posting their top 10.
Scouts and rivals were around for sure. Wiki says 98 for Rivals.

So was that guy who did was basically a PR department for ND. I forget who that was. Lemming maybe? I suspect that is probably what someone here is quoting. According to that guy all the great players came from Ohio, Mich and Indiana and players added or dropped two stars according to whether they committed to ND. He dropped Percy Harvin from 5 star when he ruled out ND.

247 is johnny come lately. Wikipedia says 2010.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

You're nothing but a mouthpiece for the Athletic dept and a poor one at that. You're not even a good pumper. You're a shill...nothing more. I have a feeling that when Mac gets fired you're out of a job.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well I see things are as expected in here. A few defenders of the realm encircled by those tired of scratching in the dirt for descent grain. :grin:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You're nothing but a mouthpiece for the Athletic dept and a poor one at that. You're not even a good pumper. You're a shill...nothing more. I have a feeling that when Mac gets fired you're out of a job.

Are we sure he works in the athletic dept? Or is it more of a running joke because he's a perpetual pumper?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Are we sure he works in the athletic dept? Or is it more of a running joke because he's a perpetual pumper?

I have my suspicions. Just the fact that he tries to deflect everything away from the current staff makes me think he has something to do with the dept. I don't think he's said one critical thing about Mac. Mac is a crap recruiter and he's talking about 2001/2002 & 2013 - I mean give me a break. We're in the worst recruiting stretch in the modern era. That is fact.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Link motherfckker, do ya speak it?
hqdefault.jpg

Your azz doesn't count as a source.

Well, gee since you asked so nicely.......

One day when I have time we'll have to get together and I can teach you how to use the internet. It's a wonderful thing. That way you won't have to depend on me to find your information for you.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Is it just me or do you always sound angry?

52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpeg

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Honestly, if anyone actually thinks I work for the UAA then they need to check their ego. I simply can't imagine a universe where anyone at the UAA is sitting around worried about what T-Rex or anyone else writes on this forum.

If you want to be sure, then it's easy to check. Simply go to the Gainesville Sun's sports forum and find my profile. Same name. Not that long ago I was getting accused of not being a real Gator over there because I was calling for Muschamp to get fired in year 3.

Normal people can engage in a civil fashion with those that have a different opinion. The insecure and small minded are frightened by those who disagree with them and start lashing out with personal attacks. The UAA label is simply an attempt to discredit me.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Serious question, why is Mac the poorest recruiter on record at UF in the modern era?

How could anyone possibly answer that question with any certainty?

Serious question, why do I scare you so much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb