Gators part ways with DB coach Kirk Callahan

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He and Rumph are still generally considered the top recruiters on the staff.

I'm not concerned about not landing that smurf.
you mean the two black guys

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well, it was a poor hire to begin with and he can't recruit. Hopefully there's someone already lined up. The timing of this is very odd, should have been done 2 weeks ago. I hope the WR coach, Dixon, is on a short leash as well. Another poor hire by McElwain.

Actually, I think getting rid of him today is better timing than if he had been fired 2 weeks ago. We got Gardner and another DB I believe as an early enrollee and my understanding is that Gardner may be the best of the DB bunch this year. If we sacked Callahan 2 weeks ago no telling what that may have done to Gardner.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't understand. He paid Weis 900K while he was paying Muschamp more than he's paying Mac...It would seem like he would want to get Mac the best support staff since his salary is so low...
Yep...that's what he should do but I doubt that's what he will do. Hopefully he'll surprise me this time :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So we wanna hire Weis to coach DBs?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand. He paid Weis 900K while he was paying Muschamp more than he's paying Mac...It would seem like he would want to get Mac the best support staff since his salary is so low...
I don't think muschamp was making more than mac

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I can't say as I saw he did all that great of a job this year, so this isn't terribly disappointing.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Lito Sheppard was interning on the Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff recently....:scratchchin:

100% Gator, one of the top five all-time Gator DB's, related to the Gaffneys, could have strong presence in Jacksonville with recruiting?

Just a thought.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Lito Sheppard was interning on the Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff recently....:scratchchin:

100% Gator, one of the top five all-time Gator DB's, related to the Gaffneys, could have strong presence in Jacksonville with recruiting?

Just a thought.

That's intriguing. But we really need somebody with ties to Tampa to replace Callahan.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Just a thought.
I'm hoping Torrian Gray is on Mac's shortlist. He's from Lakeland and he's done a hell of a job at VT.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He supposedly has already gotten him but it won't be announced until after signing day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you mean the two black guys
I mean the two coaches who actually have a resume that would allow them to be hired at a power conference school. Obviously, since it is only two of the four black guys on the staff, and one Ive been very negative about one of the four from the beginning, its obviously not just "the black guys."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He supposedly has already gotten him but it won't be announced until after signing day.
Where did you hear this? Doesn't make much since to wait until after signing day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where did you hear this? Doesn't make much since to wait until after signing day.

I need to re-phrase that. By "him" I don't mean the VT guy. I just realized what that looked like. I just mean that it looks like he's already nailed down whatever DB coach he wants.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping Torrian Gray is on Mac's shortlist. He's from Lakeland and he's done a hell of a job at VT.
He went school at va tech and hes been on the staff there since 06. Doesn't seem very likely.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I mean the two coaches who actually have a resume that would allow them to be hired at a power conference school. Obviously, since it is only two of the four black guys on the staff, and one Ive beena vry about from the beginning, its obviously not just "the black guys."
I'm just kidding, but it's no surprise that being black has helped them to relate to the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator