Gators Recruiting Speedy Valentine

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kind of recruit that should be a slam dunk for the UF staff. He wants to run track and play football, and is from Florida, no other university in the state can offer the opportunity the Gators can.

He's ours, let me be the first, Welcome to the Gator Nation Valentine!

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I hate when they compare these guys with a past gator greats but the kid can cover some ground in a hurry.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hate when they compare these guys with a past gator greats but the kid can cover some ground in a hurry.

Plus, he's already 6'1 190lbs....as a HS junior. Demps was, on a good day, 5'9. This kid will be 6'1 200+ by his redshirt freshman year....no matter where he plays or if he runs track.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want the next Jeff Demps. I want a kid who can contribute on the football field.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't want the next Jeff Demps. I want a kid who can contribute on the football field.

My thoughts exactly Law, but Demps did contribute a little bit on the field when there was a giant hole and he did not have to make anyone miss. I like Demps, but he was clearly a track guy trying to play football. His hips were stiff as a board and only had straight ahead speed. He had no wiggle and was not even the fastest thru an opening, as often times a hole was there and would close before he could get thru. Compare that to Percy Harvins (nod to Nat Moore there) and when there was a crease, Percy was thru it. Demps might have been the fastest in pajamas, but in pads, he could not match Percy's speed.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I have to admit, I keep checking this thread just because I like seeing "Speedy Valentine"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.