Gators return UT tickets

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Its really simple look at Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, Penn Sate and many more that pack the stands week in and week out , what is the uncommon denominator there that makes us different from them? Hint "that first thing you said."

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Its really simple look at Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, Penn Sate and many more that pack the stands week in and week out , what is the uncommon denominator there that makes us different from them? Hint "that first thing you said."
our fan base is dwindling by the year. There’s no excuse for it that other teams haven’t faced. Just bad fans.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
our fan base is dwindling by the year. There’s no excuse for it that other teams haven’t faced. Just bad fans.
In all kinds of weather has lost some of its spark thats for sure, in defense of fans that aren't coming , `I would not buy seats in the upper north end zone, terrible , terrible seats. I wouldn't sit up there if they were free. The southeast upper corner is pretty empty too, again not somewhere I would enjoy sitting, UFAA needs to come up with some creative deals in those areas , Family plan four tickets $80 or $40 better than empty seats.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Capacity

88,548 (2003–present)
83,000 (1991–2002)
72,000 (1982–1990)
62,800 (1966–1981)
46,164 (1960–1965)
40,116 (1950–1959)
21,769 (1930–1949)

Record attendance

So the number I should have remember was 62800. Thanks.

So how can record attendance be higher than capacity?

Capacity counts seats. Attendance is everybody there including players, coaches, photographers, TV crews, bands, security, concession sales, officials, etc.

The truth? They make it up. They have no idea how many souls are actually in the building. When the sports information department decides we need to set a new attendance record, they add a dozen to whatever the last record was.

Alex.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I’d be hard pressed to go backup there. Not impossible, just not likely.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The truth? They make it up. They have no idea how many souls are actually in the building. When the sports information department decides we need to set a new attendance record, they add a dozen to whatever the last record was.

Alex.

When they want more they will sell standing room only tickets as well. They count all the seats, then standing tickets (open areas and some on the sidelines), the rest of the jabornies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you're having a rough day so I won't give you a dislike for that, but you deserve it.

three shytty hires are what has caused the fan base to dwindle.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The wide spread usage of large screen HD TVS really took off about the time college and pro football attendance dropped. The average fan says I can spends $200 to bring my family plus the cost of travel and food and sit on metal benches in 90 degree heat. Or I can sit in my a/c, with my own food and cheap beer, and get a better view. For many families it's not a decision at all.

Also with the product what it has been the last 8 years, you can't change to a different game in the stadium.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
In all kinds of weather has lost some of its spark thats for sure, in defense of fans that aren't coming , `I would not buy seats in the upper north end zone, terrible , terrible seats. I wouldn't sit up there if they were free. The southeast upper corner is pretty empty too, again not somewhere I would enjoy sitting, UFAA needs to come up with some creative deals in those areas , Family plan four tickets $80 or $40 better than empty seats.
Makes sense and reasonable. Stricklin is planning on redoing all seating within the swamp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
you're having a rough day so I won't give you a dislike for that, but you deserve it.

three shytty hires are what has caused the fan base to dwindle.

I'm not discounting the impact of the hires. They certainly have their role in this mess. But I have said before, when I was walking up to the stadium for the 2010 opener, and saw legions of people wearing Tebow Broncos jerseys, I realized we had a serious problem. The ultra-success we'd seen from '06-'09, combined with the downturn of our in-state rivals had made us the trendy team, meaning that many of the fans that were showing up weren't doing so because they loved the Gators. Rather, they were showing up simply because it was the fashionable thing to do. Then factor in the Tebow obsession, and UF completely pricing most of the diehards out of the market (thinking it would always be that good), and you get left with a bunch of newer ticket holders that suddenly don't care any more once that era had ended.

Now, add in bad coaches and their terrible performances, and you get what we have.

Ironically, I'm not sure Mullen isn't by far the best of the three hires. It's just that he was never hugely popular, and the aforementioned damage had been done.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's 09/21/96. I've got a tuned Subaru, Gator magnets on both doors, ready to go.

Are we going?
ricer-mods-21.jpg

Dude, 1996? I was studying all the time. No time for a roadtrip to the land of inbreeding.

As for Lesbarus, I was driving it a few days ago and I liked even more than last time.

I may need a WRX.

Or maybe this, pulling a teepee:

DSC04104-1500x858.jpeg

Last edited:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Based on the last two games in The Swamp, people are not coming to The Swamp either. Half of the upper North End Zone, South End Zone and East Stands were barren the last two games... Reported attendance of 80,0000.

This has been happening for years. Actually we’ve probably had more butts in seats this year per game than previous 5+ years.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Let Byrd know and he'll take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator