Gators return UT tickets

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

For being out of state it’s our ****ty team and outrageous hotel prices with 2 night minimums. I haven’t been since 2014 and that debacle against mizzou. I can go on a vacation for what it costs to go so for now I’ll wait. If I lived within a couple hours I’d go to every game I could regardless of the ****ty team. Big screens are nice but nothing beats going to an actual game

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For being out of state it’s our ****ty team and outrageous hotel prices with 2 night minimums. I haven’t been since 2014 and that debacle against mizzou. I can go on a vacation for what it costs to go so for now I’ll wait. If I lived within a couple hours I’d go to every game I could regardless of the ****ty team. Big screens are nice but nothing beats going to an actual game
I remember that weekend.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Best bet is to just show up with some empty coke bottles and railroad spikes for barter

My last trip to Bob and Kneel I was on the edge of our area there was a guy in the adjacent section hogging 5 or 6 teeth all to himself. I swear some of the people there looked like the casting call for "The Hills Have Eyes 3."

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I'm not discounting the impact of the hires. They certainly have their role in this mess. But I have said before, when I was walking up to the stadium for the 2010 opener, and saw legions of people wearing Tebow Broncos jerseys, I realized we had a serious problem. The ultra-success we'd seen from '06-'09, combined with the downturn of our in-state rivals had made us the trendy team, meaning that many of the fans that were showing up weren't doing so because they loved the Gators. Rather, they were showing up simply because it was the fashionable thing to do. Then factor in the Tebow obsession, and UF completely pricing most of the diehards out of the market (thinking it would always be that good), and you get left with a bunch of newer ticket holders that suddenly don't care any more once that era had ended.

Now, add in bad coaches and their terrible performances, and you get what we have.

Ironically, I'm not sure Mullen isn't by far the best of the three hires. It's just that he was never hugely popular, and the aforementioned damage had been done.

Excellent observation.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
As far as BHG attendance...maybe it would help if we spent millions of dollars and put a dome on top of it? And pumped it full of AC and more rap music. Then along with high speed wifi we could install laptop stations in the student section so they can keep up with the latest notes their professors sent out on Friday night for Monday's quizzes and exams while simultaneously posting selfies to socials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator