Gators vs Tigers Hoops Thread

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;155993 said:
I am speaking in general terms. You mentioned two players (Harvin is from Virginia and Virginia is not the northeast) that were great but there have been gobs of them that were not. Most people on this board would agree that a first team 6A all state player from Florida is typically a better player than an all american from the northeast which is the point I am trying to make.

Not all basketball all americans from Florida are underperformers (see Vince Carter et al) but for the most part they are not as good as an all american from say NY or Chicago.

I thought my comment was pretty benign and generally accepted but I guess I hit a nerve or something.

Didn't hit a nerve. I just a don't normally think of 5 star players from the northeast not panning out. Now California, or west coast recruits in general, that's another story. I can't think of a single recent Cali recruit that lived up to their ranking with us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n156120 said:
Didn't hit a nerve. I just a don't normally think of 5 star players from the northeast not panning out. Now California, or west coast recruits in general, that's another story. I can't think of a single recent Cali recruit that lived up to their ranking with us.

Since when did this thread become about RoPo?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;156131 said:
Since when did this thread become about RoPo?

We signed a 5 star WR from there at that same time. Can't remember his name.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MidwestChomp;n156097 said:
Just think how different this team would be if Beal would have stayed 4 years. It would be his senior year. I know wishful thinking. And I don't consider Boynton a disappointment either.
Just one more year for Beal meant a final four. God I hated to see him leave so early.

I think it is time for Billy to loosen the reins on this team a little. Continue to stress defense, but otherwise, speed up the offense. They are playing to not make mistakes and it is resulting in making mistakes. Play good defense and look for the first open shot...can't be any worse than what we are seeing...

A friend of mine(basketball IQ very high) andI agree that he is demanding chemistry that is not gonna come with harder and harder practice time. I say just f the offense guys and le'ts be the best Def team on earth. The offense will come when they relax and quit worrying about it. After two amazing runs with the 04s and then the four guys that went to 3 elite 8s and then the final four it was probably gonna be a team without all that hutzpa. I still think lsu is a damned good team with a huge chance to run in the dance.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When you think of the All Americans that thrived at Florida (Mike Miller, Bradley Beal, David Lee, et al) they were from basketball areas
Mike came from South Dakota far from a hot bed but the others were from real bb places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.