Gatorsports Message Board member longevity

LouisianaG8R

UGA Sucks
Jul 10, 2014
I've been perusing the GSMB for about 3 years. Decided to join this one. Getting tired of the corn dog smelling LSU fans around me. Needed to vent to my Gator brethren. I will do my best to continue posting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LouisianaG8R;n12230 said:
I've been perusing the GSMB for about 3 years. Decided to join this one. Getting tired of the corn dog smelling LSU fans around me. Needed to vent to my Gator brethren. I will do my best to continue posting.
Good to have you here. Post!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CornDogs.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Joined sometime toward the end of SOS's tenure. Was sowegagator at the time. After one too many crashes and ultimately having to register again, I became cover2. It's been an interesting ride to say the least.

LouisianaG8R

UGA Sucks
Jul 10, 2014
GatorJ said:
CornDogs.jpg
HAHAHAHA!! That's what I live around. Ignorant, corn dog eating/smelling LSU turds.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LouisianaG8R said:
Welcome to the board!

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I joined GS when the fireronzook board was started in 2002. Just to balance the prospective. 12 years later, I'm reading many of the same kind of posts, just a different head coach. Go Gata.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LouisianaG8R said:
I actually know the girl in your avatar. She's from Ocala.

LouisianaG8R

UGA Sucks
Jul 10, 2014
LouisianaG8R said:
You're lucky, she's gorgeous.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
I joined October 2001. Spurrier was still the coach. I actually think 2001 may have been Spurriers best team. Rex had a helluva year and should have won the Heisman, and the Gators were a shoo-in to walk into the National Championship game in the Rose Bowl that year. That is until Spurrier lost focus after the FSU game and had a feud with Jeremy Foley. He was more focus on being pissed off at Foley for not backing him in the Dockett thing, than he was on getting his team prepped for UT. Fulmer and the Vols came to Gainesville as 18 point underdogs and won. No Heisman, no SECCG, no National Championship game. IMO, this was the second worst Gator loss after the Nebraska ass whipping.

But I digress.The only posters left who had been on GSMB as long as me, at the time it was closed were, atlanta-gator, G5, and Gatorbait86. Anybody who was there longer than me, feel free to correct me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been on the board since about '98/99 through multiple name iterations. But so have the majority of people on here. I think Law and Jabber have been here since around '96.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ said:
I've been on the board since about '98/99 through multiple name iterations. But so have the majority of people on here. I think Law and Jabber have been here since around '96.
You have been on there that long eh? Honestly? Do you remember Carter? Do you remember Uncle AlaGator? Do you remember MaGator? Do you remember ZZGator?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. To be honest, I don't really remember anyone. That was a long time ago. This was mainly during the years of dial-up so engagement on the board was about as much as you could muster. You had to be at home. And you had to be on your phone line. I was more interested in talking to people that I knew, dating my future wife, going to school, and working full time.

Interestingly enough, I took a hiatus of sorts from the board during the Tebow years. Maybe because there was nothing to bitch about. In fact, I would come on the board every now and then during the Tebow years and I remember thinking, "Who the hell is this Ox guy telling us to discuss! I'll discuss what the hell I want!". Then he had that epic battle of wits against the Bama poster on the Bama board and wiped the floor with him and I started to really re-engage the board. Tebow's last year was all about his concussion affecting his play and the theory that maybe he needed glasses or contacts and how dangerously thin we were at receiver...

98/99 - 2001 was all about Doug Johnson and his throwing at the feet of receivers, Jessie Palmer and his "oot oot" cadence screwing up the rhythm, Spurrier rotating QBs, Grossman's HUGE win at South Carolina, David Jorgenson's epic snapping fails, Spurrier's decision to punt on 3rd down, our rousing hatred for David Duvall, ending with the most painful loss in Florida history IMO (the TN 2001 loss). The board constantly crashed during that game. Then of course Spurrier unexpectedly announcing his retirement.
Of course I was heavily in the board during the Zook years.

I never paid much attention to posters until around 2010. Except GCG who I think moved to Texas around 2006 or so. He was my favorite poster by far and since recruiting has always been something that I followed closely, there was nothing better than when he broke out the shades. This was long before the ubiquitous nature of recruiting which can be found anywhere now if you just know where to look. Oh, and I of course remember Maryland Gator.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
When Zook was hired. But I got banned at some point. Prolly deserved it. Then TGSMB I think. Then gatorcountry. I'm under court order not to discuss what happened there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Yes. I remember them, but Carter. I wasn't as active on the forum then and my primary spot was Swampy's Rumormill.

And I remember you have been a douche all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator