Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n200 said:
Ox some of your buds were talkin pretty ugly about you over on Gator Country. In fact theres a thread on the GSMB shutdown
Link?

I'm not sure why people are upset with me about it.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that GSMB was doomed the moment that d-bag Ox was given moderator authority. He started arbitrarily banning everyone and ran off the most knowledgeable posters.

It was run much better under the council of The Roundtable and the leadership of Lord Sid. It's a shame that certain posters like Ox couldn't handle their brilliance. Looking back, so many of the issues that The Roundtable forecasted turned out to be true: the basketball program had to get more "athletic" than it was with Calathes and Werner to regain success; the football program saw the decay of its offense - particularly the wide receiver position where they are still searching to this day; the rise of UGA and their control of the Cocktail Party; the rise of FSU under Fisher particularly in terms of recruiting; and so many others. Unfortunately there are still people like Ox in the world who can't see past the color of one's skin to appreciate a great mind.

Judging by GSMB's current state of affairs, though, it appears The Roundtable had the last laugh. Also, I heard Sid put his law practice on hold to accept a high ranking cabinet position in the Obama Administration. I sleep better at night knowing he's up in Washington DC pulling a lot of strings behind the scenes to make our country better. If GSMB was smart and still wanted a viable message board, they would contact him immediately and beg him to administrate it.​

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be Quasi or some other Roundtable idiot posting this crap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that GSMB was doomed the moment that d-bag Ox was given moderator authority. He started arbitrarily banning everyone and ran off the most knowledgeable posters.

It was run much better under the council of The Roundtable and the leadership of Lord Sid. It's a shame that certain posters like Ox couldn't handle their brilliance. Looking back, so many of the issues that The Roundtable forecasted turned out to be true: the basketball program had to get more "athletic" than it was with Calathes and Werner to regain success; the football program saw the decay of its offense - particularly the wide receiver position where they are still searching to this day; the rise of UGA and their control of the Cocktail Party; the rise of FSU under Fisher particularly in terms of recruiting; and so many others. Unfortunately there are still people like Ox in the world who can't see past the color of one's skin to appreciate a great mind.

Judging by GSMB's current state of affairs, though, it appears The Roundtable had the last laugh. Also, I heard Sid put his law practice on hold to accept a high ranking cabinet position in the Obama Administration. I sleep better at night knowing he's up in Washington DC pulling a lot of strings behind the scenes to make our country better. If GSMB was smart and still wanted a viable message board, they would contact him immediately and beg him to administrate it.

:lol:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/gatorsports-message-board.291859/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love the perception about how I banned people right and left. The number of people permabanned in 3 years could be counted on one hand.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n228 said:
You did threaten to ban people a good bit.
Oh, shut up. Ox was the greatest! Mod me, Ox. Just let me ban Law for 30 minutes. Maybe Wobble, too.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like how Foley contacted Sid and Canething to "freshen things up"

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One of you guys that registered over there at gatorcountry should let folks know to join over here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n228 said:
You did threaten to ban people a good bit.
Yup, that was fun. Was rarely actually done, however.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lucy... I'm home! You got some esplainin' to do! I'm absent for a couple days and come back to no forum. WTF happened. Obviously there was some joke thread. For those of us not in the know can we at least see the joke even if we can't see all the responses?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n241 said:
Lucy... I'm home! You got some esplainin' to do! I'm absent for a couple days and come back to no forum. WTF happened. Obviously there was some joke thread. For those of us not in the know can we at least see the joke even if we can't see all the responses?
There were fake email exchanges in a thread with the executives who own the Sun - information taken right off their web site. It involved asking them about the hamster that died that was running the GSMB. There was no slander involved - the jokes were aimed at the website, not the people. They saw it, didn't like it, were shutting down many of their message boards anyway, and gave us the ax.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n242 said:
There were fake email exchanges in a thread with the executives who own the Sun - information taken right off their web site. It involved asking them about the hamster that died that was running the GSMB. There was no slander involved - the jokes were aimed at the website, not the people. They saw it, didn't like it, were shutting down many of their message boards anyway, and gave us the ax.
Thanks for the explanation Ox, and for setting up the new board. I saw the reference to the hamster joke but your addition makes more sense. I guess my mind was in the gutter because I was thinking the "hamster" joke was somehow sexually inappropriate. Oh well. $hit happens I guess.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That Gator country board looks like it is filled with a bunch of stuck up *******s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb