Not open for further replies.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n244 said:
Thanks for the explanation Ox, and for setting up the new board. I saw the reference to the hamster joke but your addition makes more sense. I guess my mind was in the gutter because I was thinking the "hamster" joke was somehow sexually inappropriate. Oh well. $hit happens I guess.

....that would be in the "UT Vol Plungerfest" thread. Don't forget your roll of duct tape when you go.....

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n270 said:
That Gator country board looks like it is filled with a bunch of stuck up *******s.

I noticed that also.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reminded me of the child taking his ball home because nobody wanted him on their team. Childish move by supposed professionals. I guess we can't complain since it was a free board though. REALLY glad to have found most of the old favorite posters. I hope someone knows Rog and gets him the info. I'll miss that guy if he doesn't find us here.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
h2jss.gif

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I love the perception about how I banned people right and left. The number of people permabanned in 3 years could be counted on one hand.
It will be remembered fondly as The Reign of Terror, when we all lived in fear of the word 'Bye' :)

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I registerd but never posted on the GSMB a long time ago (lurker). I was pissed when I saw it got shut down over a joke thread that was hilarious. Glad to see Ox started a new board I will actually have to join in more often. This board will be way better than the hamster board good job Ox

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n458 said:
Whoops....
If your post was the reason for the shut-down, I'm pretty sure it would have happened eventually anyway. It's pretty clear the new folks in charge at the Gainesville Sun/Gatorsports don't care about the Florida Gators, nor do they have any interest in funding a free message board for Gator fans. We would all have been looking for a new home eventually, at least this happened in the off season so we could all find each other on a new board before football season started up. Once again, THANKS OX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, the email exchange was 100% fake. I posted another fake exchange with the IT manager (which was MUCH better) and the site was taken offline about 10 minutes after that. I ****may**** have used an inappropriate hamster joke in that one.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n476 said:
For the record, the email exchange was 100% fake. I posted another fake exchange with the IT manager (which was MUCH better) and the site was taken offline about 10 minutes after that. I ****may**** have used an inappropriate hamster joke in that one.

Sounds like the b**ch could use a hamster up her @ss to loosen her up a bit.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Overreactive, knee-jerk, hot-headed, ridiculous move by GSMB. This has to kill the visitors to their site, I certainly wasn't going there for Dooley, et al, and I follow Zach on FB and Twitter.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing a few weeks from now, when someone at Gatorsports realizes "hey, we don't seem to be getting the volume of traffic, we don't seem to be getting the clicks on our articles anymore," someone will point out, "yeah, it's because you pissed off all the fans and ran everyone off by discontinuing their forum and pissing on their free speech rights."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like so many have already observed, they were looking to shut us down anyway. After all the IT problems they were going to have to buy new software. The supposedly offensive thread is just being used as an excuse. I mean, a single thread shutting down an entire forum for good? The very idea is preposterous. You remove the thread and punish those responsible. They just wanted out, plain and simple.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n479 said:
Overreactive, knee-jerk, hot-headed, ridiculous move by GSMB. This has to kill the visitors to their site, I certainly wasn't going there for Dooley, et al, and I follow Zach on FB and Twitter.
The only time I ever read anything on Gatorsports was when Zach posted a link on the board. I imagine their page views are going to take a hit, and in a time when newspapers are becoming obselete I dont think this was a very smart move by the higher ups.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n488 said:
I'm guessing a few weeks from now, when someone at Gatorsports realizes "hey, we don't seem to be getting the volume of traffic, we don't seem to be getting the clicks on our articles anymore," someone will point out, "yeah, it's because you pissed off all the fans and ran everyone off by discontinuing their forum and pissing on their free speech rights."

Free speech wasn't infringed upon. Not even close.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell are they pulling the racist card on Ox....I cannot think of a single thing he did that was racist. The only thing I can figure is that Sid liked to call anyone racist that called him out on his race baiting.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So one this new board we can say **** and **** and stuff? Cool.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dammit. I guess not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n515 said:
Why the hell are they pulling the racist card on Ox....I cannot think of a single thing he did that was racist. The only thing I can figure is that Sid liked to call anyone racist that called him out on his race baiting.
I thought about getting upset about it, but in the end I decided to shrug it all off. The fact is, here we are. We'll know over the next few months whether this board is here to stay or will go the way of the Dodo. It's all about the size of the membership. Forums with no members suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member