Gauging interest on Gatorchatter t-shirts

I've had a few people mention they would be interested in Gatorchatter.com t-shirts bearing the logo

• I definitely want a shirt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might want a shirt

• I don't want a shirt

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's focus borderless on the logo for the shirts. Like this:

1zdm7nc.jpg

On a blue shirt, the background would blend, leaving just the orange head. On a white shirt you could just leave it background-less, and leave the area inside the head blue, and perhaps make "gatorchatter.com" blue. I think I'm also leaning initially on a small logo over the heart, and a large logo on the back.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Small pocket logo on the front, nothing on the back.
How boring is that? Who will even see it?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n9510 said:
Let's focus borderless on the logo for the shirts. Like this:

1zdm7nc.jpg

On a blue shirt, the background would blend, leaving just the orange head (with white GATORCHATTER.COM). On a white shirt you could just leave it background-less, and leave the area inside the head blue, and perhaps make "gatorchatter.com" blue. I think I'm also leaning initially on a small logo over the heart, and a large logo on the back.

This would be my idea of the perfect shirt! I would buy 2 of these. One for me and one for my Mom. She'd love it!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Imagine this as the back, with a small logo on the front:

2a6tc29.jpg
Now, with the border less look, I like this on the front.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n9527 said:

2a6tc29.jpg

You probably could get away with doing this on the front as well, just like that, but maybe taking off the website and putting it on the back of the shirt. The logo is awesome at any rate, and is great to build upon. Would be cool to have more text though, more amusing sayings, etc.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Small pocket logo on the front, nothing on the back.
We are trained to look at the left corner of tshirts due to how retail stores put their logos/name tags. Back of Tshirts are sometimes memorable, but a lot of times their are just white noise.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:

2a6tc29.jpg
That's pretty badass and I really like the subtle change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've dealt with screening some. Taking Gatorchatter off for the front only or switching sizes doubles the cost as their is a separate screen setup for each change.

Once the screen is setup, it's basically just buying a shirt and having them screen it. So, if some guys want white and some blue no big deal. People wanting different sizes of the screen is a big deal.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, Ox, if you do the large logo on the back, with a small logo on the front, the banner at the top of the page would look awesome as the small logo on the front.

Attachments

• conv_228.JPEG
    conv_228.JPEG
    23.7 KB · Views: 73

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, my best friend out here owns an embroider and screen printing shop. I know I could get a good deal from him if you need any help.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Also, Ox, if you do the large logo on the back, with a small logo on the front, the banner at the top of the page would look awesome as the small logo on the front.
Another very good idea. Ox is going to pull his hair out trying to mock up all these ideas but I think we're going to end up with a nice final product!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, question, though not a huge deal or anything, just curious, should you go forward with this, which looks like you are very interested in doing so, where will the profits go? Back into the site? Do you have bigger plans for this place? If so, what are your ideas? I'd love to see this place blow up!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n9564 said:
Ox, question, though not a huge deal or anything, just curious, should you go forward with this, which looks like you are very interested in doing so, where will the profits go? Back into the site? Do you have bigger plans for this place? If so, what are your ideas? I'd love to see this place blow up!
If we could get 2-3 of these T-shirts being worn to games, I'm thinking we'd see some explosion in new posters registering. There's nothing like free advertisement.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
I like this idea...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Profits (and trust me there isn't big profits on t-shirts unless you sell them in huge amounts) would go towards maintenance and expansion of the site. My plans are to make this the #1 Gator forum on the internet. I'd love to expand into articles, blogs, promotions, and some other things I'm not going into yet. All of this is in its infancy, but it's been a great start.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
URGatorBait;n9564 said:
If we could get 2-3 of these T-shirts being worn to games, I'm thinking we'd see some explosion in new posters registering. There's nothing like free advertisement.
That's the main reason the logo and full site name need to be on the back of the shirt to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.