GC Podcast Transcript - Includes Foley's Cheapness, Recruiting, etc...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Andrew:Right. I mean, and here’s the thing. I hate to say this, because I feel like I’m just calling or picking on the person, but Tre McKitty, the reports are the he says he wanted to come to Florida, but didn’t want to play for Nord. You can’t have that happen. You just can’t have that happen.'

WOW!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"Andrew:Right. I mean, and here’s the thing. I hate to say this, because I feel like I’m just calling or picking on the person, but Tre McKitty, the reports are the he says he wanted to come to Florida, but didn’t want to play for Nord. You can’t have that happen. You just can’t have that happen.'

WOW!
There's several more including (Isaac Nauta) who've said the same thing. Some of the top offensive lineman we've missed on over the last 4 yrs have said similar things about Summers. They gotta go...and I think they will be replaced soon! You can't have that type a sh*t happening at The University of Florida...Period!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's several more including (Isaac Nauta) who've said the same thing. Some of the top offensive lineman we've missed on over the last 4 yrs have said similar things about Summers. They gotta go...and I think they will be replaced soon! You can't have that type a sh*t happening at The University of Florida...Period!

Agree... we have been saying they need to go for a year, so Mac needs to make a move. I'll be more confident in him as a HC if he does that. It might be late, but at least he would get it done.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read an interview recently with our lone OL recruit and he made a comment in the interview that he finally got to spend time with summers on his official visit. He said he was not going to a school where he did not know the OL Coach and he was glad to finally spend time with his position coach... that is the same comment that the OL from Daytona, who went to Tennessee last season, said. He said he wanted to go to UF but, he did not know the OL Coach. So, Mac and Nuss must exclude Summers from recruiting.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Working as a beat reporter can be difficult because you are balancing objectivity with the need to maintain relationships and access with the coaching staff or players. Sometimes you need to be critical which has the potential to threaten your pipeline to the coaches. These guys have to consider the impact of criticism of the program on their relationship with the coaches.

That being said, I don't see how these guys can continue to go back to the "relationship" card when discussing UF's recruiting under McElwain. This staff is now on its third cycle with coaches and players and the results have been desultory. This current high school class were sophomores when this staff came on board. That seems like sufficient time to have developed at least some level of relationship with coaches and players. Particularly when compared to coaching staffs that have taken over even more recently and already had better results on the recruiting trail.

The only encouraging news is that there appear to be rumblings that McElwain is aware of this deficiency and may be working to make changes that will improve the results on the recruiting front. I would hope to see multiple staff changes after the bowl game. Perhaps there's still time to make some unexpected gains before Signing Day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

WOW!
If the GC crew now have permission to criticize Summers, then it's a done deal.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lord ? You'd think men that had "worked" their way up the coaching chain to the point of getting
6-figure pay, would have the wherewithal to self-monitor their performance/results. From that they would
learn what each needs to do to eliminate deficits and to improve onward? to become better & better coaches?
Their entire joy should come from the improvement & development of their athletes and their schemes?

Think how that connects to coaches/recruiters being the "thoroughfare" transporting their young charges to each player's own personal joy in CFB (& NFL). The way certain coaches are malfunctioning is just plain stupid = they seem to be mesmerized staring at the hand-written wall rapidly heading toward their faces?
Begone you fools -- I have spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator