GCMB Article: Fear Not Gator Fans, 2014 Will Bring Relief...One Way or Another

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n11672 said:
The "third" scenario is the scariest. The just enough to keep his job but again failing to win anything or beat FSU/UGA. That is why I advocate the ATL or bust line in the sand. There's no grey area. I think its a joke that people would claim 8-4 is some big turnaround. The guy lost to Vandy and a I-AA school. It was an awful hire. I would hate to be stuck with him in 2015 just because he goes 8-4.

Short of being 11-2 and SEC champs with the only losses being to FSU and UGA, I don't think he keeps his job if he loses to both of those teams this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n11672 said:
The "third" scenario is the scariest. The just enough to keep his job but again failing to win anything or beat FSU/UGA. That is why I advocate the ATL or bust line in the sand. There's no grey area. I think its a joke that people would claim 8-4 is some big turnaround. The guy lost to Vandy and a I-AA school. It was an awful hire. I would hate to be stuck with him in 2015 just because he goes 8-4.

I agree 8-4 with another Georgia loss and we need to move on but I think Foley will see it different and push the he flipped the record argument. I have a feeling we will surprise and go 9-3 however.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Cover for your time. Yeah when the 0-10-1 season feels better than the one we experienced last year, you know something has changed. I concur about the change in fan sentiment and expectations over the years. We lose to the dawgs again, that's it for me and giving out extra chances to the current football leader.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could do with a four loss season if we beat Georgia and FSU and we have an exciting offense again. Oh, and we can't lose to an FCS team and we CAN'T get blown out of any game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
T REX;n11672 said:

I agree 8-4 with another Georgia loss and we need to move on but I think Foley will see it different and push the he flipped the record argument. I have a feeling we will surprise and go 9-3 however.
I'd take 9 - 3!

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just want solid play and a normal amount of injuries, the record will take care of itself.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Unfortunately there is a third scenario that I think many of us are worried about. Say we go 9-4 where we eek out 9 close victories and suffer 4 bad losses in a season relatively free of injury and where the ball mostly bounces our way. That's probably enough wins to prevent a coaching change, but we would still have to be legitimately concerned about the following season as injuries happen in sports and the ball doesn't always bounce your way.
Under these conditions he should be gone unless there are circumstances that make the close games acceptable. No close games against teams that we should be much better than.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has to show so much … well how much more does Muschamp have to show ? The HC is of so much more our point of value.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it put us in a tight spot by not firing him last year. Atleast from a recruiting standpoint. I think we could have withstood a coaching change during the last cycle. Now if things don't work out we're going to miss on what would have been a very loaded class that most likely would have seen excitement in a new staff. Now depth is going to become an issue all over again. This is why it's important we have a big season. If we don't it's going to set us back even further,talent and depth wise and our rivals will get stronger. I believe we missed the window to fire him.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We better hope things turn around. If not, we are looking at several years of more rebuilding. Plus, who are we going to get as a HC? There's really no one out there that excites me. The few I can think of would not come, because they are in good jobs and who wants to leave a good, secure job, to come to UF and deal with a pissed off, spoiled fan base? I, for one, am not worried about it. I truly believe that we will have a great year and win the East. We will beat Jawja and upset FSU. To be honest, I am more concerned with beating USCe than the Corn-Nolios. All of the ingredients are in place and barring freak injuries, we will return to the top this year. I doubt we win the SEC or NC; however, we will be in the fight. GO GATORS,

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
We better hope things turn around. If not, we are looking at several years of more rebuilding. Plus, who are we going to get as a HC? There's really no one out there that excites me. The few I can think of would not come, because they are in good jobs and who wants to leave a good, secure job, to come to UF and deal with a pissed off, spoiled fan base? I, for one, am not worried about it. I truly believe that we will have a great year and win the East. We will beat Jawja and upset FSU. To be honest, I am more concerned with beating USCe than the Corn-Nolios. All of the ingredients are in place and barring freak injuries, we will return to the top this year. I doubt we win the SEC or NC; however, we will be in the fight. GO GATORS,
Spoiled fan base? Since when is a winning record too much to ask for? As far as finding a replacement don't forget we have one of the largest budgets and we're located in the middle of the country's biggest recruiting hot bed. Finding a new coach won't be a problem.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Spoiled? LOL. 4-8 is a joke. When you have a worse record than Ron Zook after 3 years...take a walk.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I needed relief so I took a dump!

Some in our fan base are spoiled....... Not the whole Nation luckily.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n12477 said:
I needed relief so I took a dump! Some in our fan base are spoiled....... Not the whole Nation luckily.
Some are spoiled and some are happy with mediocrity. I'll take the expectations of the spoiled any day and twice on Sundays.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know any Gator fans who are happy with mediocrity but I know many fans who act and talk like they are owed something. That's why our fan base is universally reviled around the Country. Some think it's because we are winners but the truth is much more like "We often act with less class and dignity than we should".
I will admit that alcohol consumption may have a lot to do with churlish behavior but that should never be an excuse offered or accepted by The Gator Nation.
If we think we are better than everyone else, by golly we should act the part. I think this is what Cover2 was talking about in his story. We should stop acting like school yard bullies and begin to treat others, especially other Gators, with more respect. If we do, we will probably get respect back, unless your name is Wobble.

But that's just my opinion.

Turk182

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How is our fan base any different than any other premier team? I promise you that Richt almost got canned until he got on this streak against us. There was a push to can Jimbo Fisher until this last year as well. Look at Tenucee. There's a reason they've been through 98 coaches since Fulmer. Once Saban's gone what's the over under on # of coaches for the next 15 years? We should expect our coaches to excel. He's making millions of dollars a year to perform. And he should be held accountable.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n12808 said:
How is our fan base any different than any other premier team? I promise you that Richt almost got canned until he got on this streak against us. There was a push to can Jimbo Fisher until this last year as well. Look at Tenucee. There's a reason they've been through 98 coaches since Fulmer. Once Saban's gone what's the over under on # of coaches for the next 15 years? We should expect our coaches to excel. He's making millions of dollars a year to perform. And he should be held accountable.

I'm sorry but your post is typical... I wasn't even talking about Muschamp but you didn't see that because you already have your blinders on and only see what you want to see. We are a dysfunctional family now.
* And to point out what UGA, FSU and UT has or will do doesn't apply to us, because we claim to be better than them.

Do you see my point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.