GCMB Article: Fear Not Gator Fans, 2014 Will Bring Relief...One Way or Another

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n12820 said:
I'm sorry but your post is typical... I wasn't even talking about Muschamp but you didn't see that because you already have your blinders on and only see what you want to see. We are a dysfunctional family now. * And to point out what UGA, FSU and UT has or will do doesn't apply to us, because we claim to be better than them. Do you see my point?
I see your point. I just don't agree. One thing I do agree about is we see ourselves better than those other teams. Which means also to not be satisfied with mediocrity. I hope Champ figured it out. I hope he hired the right coaching staff and the friction that's been plaguing this staff has been eradicated. Not trying to push your buttons here, but assuming we don't win the East. And don't beat either GA or FSU, how any losses would it take to realize that this was a failed experiment. And btw, I hope to hell Champ becomes a great one and Foley makes the huge lot of us look like azzholes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n12808 said:
We should expect our coaches to excel. He's making millions of dollars a year to perform. And he should be held accountable.
Actually, he makes about a million dollars per win.

Easily the most overpaid coach in college football.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
We better hope things turn around. If not, we are looking at several years of more rebuilding. Plus, who are we going to get as a HC? There's really no one out there that excites me. The few I can think of would not come, because they are in good jobs and who wants to leave a good, secure job, to come to UF and deal with a pissed off, spoiled fan base? I, for one, am not worried about it. I truly believe that we will have a great year and win the East. We will beat Jawja and upset FSU. To be honest, I am more concerned with beating USCe than the Corn-Nolios. All of the ingredients are in place and barring freak injuries, we will return to the top this year. I doubt we win the SEC or NC; however, we will be in the fight. GO GATORS,
TRex - Zook did not inherit a mess like Muschamp did. Hopefully, the full story of what Muschamp had to deal with will come out soon. Once the program is stabilized, I believe we will learn many things.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
We better hope things turn around. If not, we are looking at several years of more rebuilding. Plus, who are we going to get as a HC? There's really no one out there that excites me. The few I can think of would not come, because they are in good jobs and who wants to leave a good, secure job, to come to UF and deal with a pissed off, spoiled fan base? I, for one, am not worried about it. I truly believe that we will have a great year and win the East. We will beat Jawja and upset FSU. To be honest, I am more concerned with beating USCe than the Corn-Nolios. All of the ingredients are in place and barring freak injuries, we will return to the top this year. I doubt we win the SEC or NC; however, we will be in the fight. GO GATORS,
T-gator - sure, we can find a replacement, but who? Who do you think we would be able to hire?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
deuce coupe;n12477 said:
I needed relief so I took a dump! Some in our fan base are spoiled....... Not the whole Nation luckily.
Some are spoiled and some are happy with mediocrity. I'll take the expectations of the spoiled any day and twice on Sundays.
I don't think any fan is happy with mediocrity!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
I don't know any Gator fans who are happy with mediocrity but I know many fans who act and talk like they are owed something. That's why our fan base is universally reviled around the Country. Some think it's because we are winners but the truth is much more like "We often act with less class and dignity than we should".
I will admit that alcohol consumption may have a lot to do with churlish behavior but that should never be an excuse offered or accepted by The Gator Nation.
If we think we are better than everyone else, by golly we should act the part. I think this is what Cover2 was talking about in his story. We should stop acting like school yard bullies and begin to treat others, especially other Gators, with more respect. If we do, we will probably get respect back, unless your name is Wobble.

But that's just my opinion.

Turk182
Excellent, Turk! We do have a reputation of being arrogant. We may not be as bad as Bamer fans, but, we do have a faction that thinks we should win the NC every year and anything else is unacceptable.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n12820 said:
I'm sorry but your post is typical... I wasn't even talking about Muschamp but you didn't see that because you already have your blinders on and only see what you want to see. We are a dysfunctional family now. * And to point out what UGA, FSU and UT has or will do doesn't apply to us, because we claim to be better than them. Do you see my point?
I don't understand some of you. Are we supposed to sit quietly and act as if our program is in great shape? Hell, Kentucky fans would be rumbling with a 4-8 record. What some of you don't get is this is now considered a top 5 program and expectations are in line with that. I think it's very healthy for our fan base to demand results. Doing otherwise will lead to what Jawja has.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
I don't know any Gator fans who are happy with mediocrity but I know many fans who act and talk like they are owed something. That's why our fan base is universally reviled around the Country. Some think it's because we are winners but the truth is much more like "We often act with less class and dignity than we should".
I will admit that alcohol consumption may have a lot to do with churlish behavior but that should never be an excuse offered or accepted by The Gator Nation.
If we think we are better than everyone else, by golly we should act the part. I think this is what Cover2 was talking about in his story. We should stop acting like school yard bullies and begin to treat others, especially other Gators, with more respect. If we do, we will probably get respect back, unless your name is Wobble.

Turk182
Win NCs every year? How about just not lose to GSU at home and win more than half your games? At least more than 4 games...

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't ever remember a post in which a Gator fan said they were happy or accepted 4 - 8 as the new norm in Gainesville. I do remember many post where Fans tried to put on a brave face, tried to understand the issues and tried to be positive about our future chances. Without exception those posters were attacked by the Rabid few that will never be satisfied until a coaching change is made. Any positive vibe is attacked as being a "sunshine pumper or worse", we have fallen to attacking each other and the rest of the SEC crowd is laughing about that.

High expectations are fine if you are prepared to deal with the reality of failure which always shows up eventually.

:angry:

I think I've said enough about this topic other than thanking cover2 for being a voice of reason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n12986 said:
I don't ever remember a post in which a Gator fan said they were happy or accepted 4 - 8 as the new norm in Gainesville. I do remember many post where Fans tried to put on a brave face, tried to understand the issues and tried to be positive about our future chances. Without exception those posters were attacked by the Rabid few that will never be satisfied until a coaching change is made. Any positive vibe is attacked as being a "sunshine pumper or worse", we have fallen to attacking each other and the rest of the SEC crowd is laughing about that.

High expectations are fine if you are prepared to deal with the reality of failure which always shows up eventually.

I think I've said enough about this topic other than thanking cover2 for being a voice of reason.
Did you post under another name at the GSMB?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Turk182;n12986 said:

I think he's that Nole from the facebook replies on the GS main page. JCurtis was his gsmb name, I think.

And GIgator is Bulla(Dawg)gator from the old board. I seriously think that dude may be a relative of Chimp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Turk182;n12986 said:

I had it backwards. Turk was Bulla(dawg)gator and GIGator was Jcurtis.

Bulldawggator is gunshy because you banned him a couple of times.

I don't know why people change their names.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Turk182;n12986 said:

Just more evidence of what I said. I posted nothing in support of the current coach but the Rabid Chief Hater (Law) shows up to throw some Poo around.

Typical bandwagon fan.

Yes I posted under a different name at GSMB, matter of fact, I changed my name numerous times..... G5 and Cindy Bammer were my two best.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:

Turk182
Gator J, how many programs have not had down years? We had one really bad year - most teams have several.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator