GCMB Poll: Best UF play you've seen

Choose one

• Total voters

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Aside from James Jones' unbelievable catch to beat Miami in 1982, I'm intentionally keeping this recent to ensure everyone gets involved. It's hard to leave out Cris Collinsworth's 99-yard TD toss to Derrick Gaffney in his first UF game, in 1977.

I'm sure I'm leaving out something important, but remember, I'm old and senile. Feel free to add your own takes.
You have to take a number and stand in line to be old and senile around here.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There is no doubt. Reaves to Alvarez against Houston in 1969. Went to that game to see the Gators try valiantly against the #1 team in the nation. Smoked those cats from the third play of the game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kerwin Bell runs it in for 2.

Bell ran right toward me on that play. I was so upset about the game that my mom took me for a walk in the 4th to cheer me up. I wanted one of those little footballs the cheerleaders used to throw out, so we made our way down to the wall in that end zone moments before the TD. Great play.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mike Peterson’s 1st quartet stuff of Pooh Bear Williams on 4th down in 1st series of the 1997 Sugar Bowl. That play set the tone that led to the immortal 52-20 thrashing of our in-state rivals that they can never, ever get over.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Matt Elams strip of Odell Beckham was the greatest individual play I have witnessed.
You just knew if the defense gave up a touchdown a Muschamp offense couldn't respond. My seat was in the South endzone looking down the Gator sideline, Elam came halfway across the field to take the ball away. I couldn't find the video of the play to watch or post.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Elams strip of Odell Beckham was the greatest individual play I have witnessed.
You just knew if the defense gave up a touchdown a Muschamp offense couldn't respond. My seat was in the South endzone looking down the Gator sideline, Elam came halfway across the field to take the ball away. I couldn't find the video of the play to watch or post.

2D2530E5-F072-4465-B6D0-56E4CCB28569.jpeg

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
One thought on watching all these great videos: how goddang pathetic we are. Just sickening.

Anyway, best play ever? In person: That’s easy, Johnson to Quezie.

On TV: Spikes stuffing Knowshon on the first play of the game.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Wasn't that an RFN meme first?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Kerwin Bell runs it in for 2.

My first thought was to mention this one.

I wonder:

1. If there is a particular play of Wilbur Marshall against SoCal?

2. If there is any video of Wes Chandler's catch and run against Auburn

3. If one of Alex Brown's 5 sacks against UTn should be on the list?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Kerwin’s 2pointer against Auburn was the first play to come to mind to me as well. But the more I thought about it, I’m going with Terry Jackson’s TD run in the 97 Sugar Bowl. As Jackson broke free and romped to the end zone, I realized we had just won our first national championship. Not sure anything will ever top that.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Darren Hambrick’s interception return for TD vs. UGA in the Swamp. I’ve watched the replay 100 times and still don’t know how he stayed in bounds.

This whole clip is great (except the #@&% obligatory “Run Lindsey Run” reference) - play is at the 12:30 mark or so...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What about Ahmad Blacks INT vs. OK in the NC game - we were only up by 3 in the 4th quarter and they were driving. Plus he stole the ball out of the OK WRs hands and withstood a hit by Major Wright. Awesome play.

I also immediately thought of this play. The play itself was incredible but Bradford still has that look on his face to this day. I bet he has nightmares about Ahmad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator