GCMB Poll: Best UF play you've seen

Choose one

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From 1:32 to 5:00 of this video is for Law. Typical 1996 first half for Danny. He doesn't make any spectacular throws. He just makes the throws, all of them, with accuracy. To the backs out of the backfield, to Anthony on a beautiful post, to McGriff on a crossing route after a short scramble. All the while setting up the backs for huge running lanes because outmanned Georgia has to respect the pass.

The point is, the '93 game winner to Doering was about as pretty as it got for Danny. He did everything SOS asked of him, and he did it well.

Anthony was CLEARLY the go-to guy in '96.

Last edited:

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
I'm going to go with the Halloween game in 2009 when Tebow beat Hershel Walker's SEC rushing td record against ugly in Tim's hometown! Should have seen the faces when that happened. Priceless!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The 'other' Quezzie catch wasn't bad either, just flat out outran the Bammer secondary. Danny went for 5 touchdowns that night against Bammer, arguably his best game as a Gator....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The 'other' Quezzie catch wasn't bad either, just flat out outran the Bammer secondary. Danny went for 5 touchdowns that night against Bammer, arguably his best game as a Gator....

Yeah, remember when WE were the ones getting BAMMER and UGLY coach fired every three years? Good times.

Last edited:

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Tebow’s truck at Ron Zook field was set up by a wonderful pregame performance by the Marching Chiefs.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I know Billy G is a proven WR coach, but... if we ever need to look for another one, Dwayne Dixon has got to be the first freakin phone call to make! chump and mac didn’t figure it out and look where it got both of ‘em (yes, I know it was more than that).

Swampy!

Aug 3, 2018
BINGO! What a first half!

This is the one I would go with. Made it even sweeter that Reidel jumped in the stands and talked a little sh*t because during pre-game warmups we were in that endzone and that set of fans was screaming and hurling obscenities at us the likes of which I had never heard nor have since.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything just so wide open for Danny in that 96 destruction of UGA game. Heck some of those throws Danny is making is off his back foot so he can get the ball quicker to wide open guys. EASY pitch and catch. SOS really knew how to coach em up that is for sure. Everyone knew where they needed to be and how to run routes to perfection. Great RB corps too with Taylor, Williams, and Jackson. Go Gators!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the one I would go with. Made it even sweeter that Reidel jumped in the stands and talked a little sh*t because during pre-game warmups we were in that endzone and that set of fans was screaming and hurling obscenities at us the likes of which I had never heard nor have since.
Hey, man, good to see you back!

In case the rest of you didn't know, Swampy and Wuerffel were roomies during the glory days.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I picked Spikes over Morono, because fcuk Georgia, but if it were an option I would've picked Bell to Nattiel, again because fcuk Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb