GCMB Poll: Five possible scenarios

Choose one.

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Convention says you finish out the season and determine what's best for the program. Convention is for librarians and administrators. We're a message board. Screw convention.

Let's consider thinking outside the box.

What's the best course of action given the fact that we have two weeks to prepare for Georgia and it couldn't get any worse?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Would Spurrier interim his beloved Gators for half a season? I think he would.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
I said name Spurrier Interm. Rip the bandaid off now, focus on finding and hiring the best guy out there the rest of the year... hopefully get someone in time to sway recruits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier interim is the correct choice.

Bring in Babers or Kelly next year.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I don't think he'd want the job to be honest with you. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shyt. Now, if it can be done, he'd be the one to do it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would Spurrier interim his beloved Gators for half a season? I think he would.

Are you kidding? He'd love that scenario, and who knows? He may do well and want to stay longer, relieving of us the heat to immediately find the best possible long-term solution.

Gator Nation is one happy camper.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I have said it before and I will say it again, you will never convince me that if the administration went to Steve and said look, we need 2 or 3 good years out of you to rescue the program while we line up the right guy long term, are you willing to do it, that he would turn it down. A chance to be the savior of Gator football yet again and cement his legacy as the greatest Gator of all time? No way he turns it down.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Let Spurrier interim, it will show everyone what a competent play caller can do with these players. It has got to kill him inside to see this offense look so inept, when we do have talent to do great things with.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have said it before and I will say it again, you will never convince me that if the administration went to Steve and said look, we need 2 or 3 good years out of you to rescue the program while we line up the right guy long term, are you willing to do it, that he would turn it down. A chance to be the savior of Gator football yet again and cement his legacy as the greatest Gator of all time? No way he turns it down.
The only way he would even consider it is if he had an all-star cast of assistants to recruit for him. I don't think he wants a full-time job anymore.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Do you want to know what I wish would happen or what I think is the best possible scenario.
Best case is Mac takes a job somewhere and we don't have to pay his buyout.

IMO I don't think the boosters that end up paying for these buyouts are going to pony up more money this year (they are still paying Chump) until there is a savior coach to be had. I know I wouldn't. However in the mean time I would be handing down the ultimatum of getting rid of Nuss/Nord and demanding a plan for fixing front 7 recruiting.
Edit: Let me add this isn't to evaluate Mac - it just buys time to hold recruiting together and for the buyout to reduce until we find a savior.

I would love to see Spurrier interim but I was called crazy when I suggested that. I think Spurrier might do it for little money. Don't know if don't ask.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Another thing that makes this staff so pathetic, is how they coach scared all the time. That's one thing that would change immediately if Spurrier were to take over.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Mac ain’t going anywhere before next season... we’re stuck with him

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Do you want to know what I wish would happen or what I think is the best possible scenario.
Best case is Mac takes a job somewhere and we don't have to pay his buyout.

IMO I don't think the boosters that end up paying for these buyouts are going to pony up more money this year (they are still paying Chump) until there is a savior coach to be had. I know I wouldn't. However in the mean time I would be handing down the ultimatum of getting rid of Nuss/Nord and demanding a plan for fixing front 7 recruiting.
Edit: Let me add this isn't to evaluate Mac - it just buys time to hold recruiting together and for the buyout to reduce until we find a savior.

I would love to see Spurrier interim but I was called crazy when I suggested that. I think Spurrier might do it for little money. Don't know if don't ask.

Knowing our luck, our AD would match any offer that another team made to Mac to keep him here.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think a much more realistic scenario would be SOS taking over play calling for the rest of the season if Mac let Nuss go. I don't think he would take over as HC, he don't want the responsibility this late in his life.

On a side note I want to say that SOS had good things to say about Frank's before the season started so it's very telling that Mac and Co. Have not developed him so far.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Well, SOS can see a QB that he could develop and I am certain he would be much much better after one season under SOS.
I don't see SOS taking any active role in coaching. He voluntarily resigned his last active coaching position midway through the season. He obviously hasn't taking an active role in the coaching here since coming aboard as ambassador emeritus, although we don't know how much that may have been limited by Mac. What's he got to gain? His legacy is intact. He's already on top of the mountain. I say let Mac & Co. finish out the season. Line up Petrino, Brohm, Frost, or Gundy, and bring them in immediately after our last game in an effort to salvage the incoming class. The replacement hire should absolutely be dependent on who they want to bring in as a DC.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't see anyone, who is not on the staff, taking over this mess in mid season, not with out the Moniker of head coach. I can't see Spurrier trying to get this mess up to speed in just the few weeks left in the season. There's more wrong than just the play calling. You have to know how to run a play before you try to run it. That's a risk of embarrassment that no one would take.

Except maybe Spurrier. You never know what he will or won't do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.