GCMB Poll: Five possible scenarios

Choose one.

• Total voters

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I don't see SOS taking any active role in coaching. He voluntarily resigned his last active coaching position midway through the season. He obviously hasn't taking an active role in the coaching here since coming aboard as ambassador emeritus, although we don't know how much that may have been limited by Mac. What's he got to gain? His legacy is intact. He's already on top of the mountain. I say let Mac & Co. finish out the season. Line up Petrino, Brohm, Frost, or Gundy, and bring them in immediately after our last game in an effort to salvage the incoming class. The replacement hire should absolutely be dependent on who they want to bring in as a DC.

SOS also ran out of rocket sauce at USCe. Mac will be back next season.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody text Steve on the golf course and see if he is in or not!!!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If for no other reason, SOS would at least inoculate the team from further loser mentality until a long term solution arrives.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting the number of voters who think getting rid of Nuss will fix things. Too bad the guy who would be responsible for picking up the pieces doesn't agree with you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love them to fire Mac right now and have SOS finish the season as interim HC, but it ain't happening. Mac will be forced to fire Nuss after the season and Mac will be back for 2018. Might as well come to grips with it because that's the likely scenario.

Sam16

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
How about an option to get rid of the upper management that gave all the extensions and buyouts first.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think Steve has to worry about his legacy. If he were to take over the reigns on an interim basis it would be seen as damn honorable thing that he's doing to help out is beloved Gators and their fans. Hell we might even win a few but we would definitely have a good time in the process.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Steve has to worry about his legacy. If he were to take over the reigns on an interim basis it would be seen as damn honorable thing that he's doing to help out is beloved Gators and their fans. Hell we might even win a few but we would definitely have a good time in the process.

Exactly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love them to fire Mac right now and have SOS finish the season as interim HC, but it ain't happening. Mac will be forced to fire Nuss after the season and Mac will be back for 2018. Might as well come to grips with it because that's the likely scenario.

Which has a 2013 feel about it. We aren't going to fire you, but we have so little faith in your decisionmaking that we're going to do it for you. Now go out and win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Which has a 2013 feel about it. We aren't going to fire you, but we have so little faith in your decisionmaking that we're going to do it for you. Now go out and win.
Do you think he gets fired this year?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think he gets fired this year?

I think it's possible, yes. And I understand all the reasons against that thinking, including the buyout.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's possible, yes. And I understand all the reasons against that thinking, including the buyout.
I don't see it happening short of us losing out. I still have my doubts about that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see it happening short of us losing out. I still have my doubts about that.

We probably both envision 4-7. How we arrive there could be just as important. Mac defends his players for playing their arses off. Let's see how true that it is down the stretch with the season out of hand.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
where is the talent at quarterback? None of the receivers could get open last night.

WTF? We had wide open receivers all night. Franks just never threw to them. When I say wide open, I mean no DB within 15 yards.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
For what it's worth...

Listened to P. Finebaum interview football handicapper Danny Sheridan several weeks ago. Sheridan had just returned from a trip to Gainesville where he spent time conversing with his good friend, Spurrier. Sheridan said SOS missed coaching and would entertain an OC position outside the SEC not wanting to compete against the Gators. F-Baum asked Sheridan whether SOS would take the Gator OC slot if offered. Sheridan said that question never came up but felt strongly SOS would accept.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For what it's worth...

Listened to P. Finebaum interview football handicapper Danny Sheridan several weeks ago. Sheridan had just returned from a trip to Gainesville where he spent time conversing with his good friend, Spurrier. Sheridan said SOS missed coaching and would entertain an OC position outside the SEC not wanting to compete against the Gators. F-Baum asked Sheridan whether SOS would take the Gator OC slot if offered. Sheridan said that question never came up but felt strongly SOS would accept.

Ding-ding-ding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.