GCMB Poll: Who was best of the best Gator cornerbacks?

Pick one (1)

• Total voters

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I voted for Lito just because I had to pick someone but I think Sheppard, Jenkins and Haden were all as dominant albeit different type of corners.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I cant figure out a legit way to get *her* in here.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Lito always seemed to step up and make a play right when the Gators needed it. He was a true clutch performer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Arguments can be made for so many great CBs to wear the orange and blue. I went with Haden because I had more confidence in him than any other corner I can recall.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd put both Weary and Smith on a list before Tabor. What has Tabor done really?

Smith no, Weary yes. I've added Weary, whom I simply overlooked. Good catch.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember watching Janoris out there as a freshman (on a very talented team) thinking "this guy is the best football player out there. His skills were perfect and could tackle like a truck. I never had a problem with his medication cause I figured a guy out there busting ass and hitting people that hard needed a little medication..............

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yep. Zaven Yaralian evidently liked him all over the field.
Well it doesn't matter if Jarvis gets moved to the Safety poll. We all know Kyle Jackson will win hands down. :whistle:

Edit: Hands down, get it. Like alligator arms.

Last edited:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I voted for Lito. Too bad he was coached by Hoke the Joke during Spurrier's last 3 seasons.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jenkins

Haden

Sheppard

Ratliff

Hargreaves

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jarvis was a corner at UF, a safety with the Dolphins (yes, playing next to Louis Oliver).

Fred Weary underrated.

Jimmy Spencer was just a little track guy who played corner maybe one season (opposite Richard Fain who was supposed to be a stud) and got drafted strictly based on his 40 time. He doesn't belong in this poll (didn't do much here at UF) but he went on to have a long and stellar pro career.

Haden was an athlete first. His freshman year he stunk. He could run close to any receiver but had zero ball skills or awareness. He and Wondy were the same. The difference is Haden made that leap and became a great cover corner. Janoris came to UF as a corner. He already had ball skills and was good even as a true freshman. I guess he and Hargreaves were the best true freshmen corners I've seen play here.

It's hard to pick one guy. Lito was also a great kick returner for us so I'll use that as my tie breaker. Lito is the best.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quincy Wilson belongs on the ballot. He was better than tabor or Hargreaves. Wilson is my pick.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew you weren't over 15 years old.
Lol. Wilson played in a very boring era of Florida football and didn't have alot of highlight reel interception returns but that dude didnt give up anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.