GCMB Poll: Who was our most lethal kick returner?

Pick one

• Brandon James

Votes: 48 72.7%
  • John Capel (remember me?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Carroll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre Debose

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Percy Harvin

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Jeff Demps

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Antonio Callaway

• Lito Sheppard

• Jacquez Green

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Chris Rainey

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I realize some of these guys put in limited time returning kicks, but humor me.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just imagine Jacquez is ham sammich. How's that for a solution?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember Tony going to the Redskins and doing very well at it his first year. Wes would have been the best at it................he was Percy good

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Tony going to the Redskins and doing very well at it his first year. Wes would have been the best at it................he was Percy good

My impression of Green suffered a bit when I saw him puffing away on a cigarette outside Yon Hall.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Percy didn't return many kicks while he was in college (I'm not sure if he returned any at all), but if he had, then he would have been even better than James judging by his NFL career.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I looked up Wes. He averaged about 14 a punt ret and 25 a kickoff ret. No TDs but he only did them his jr and sr year and not a whole lot of them

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Percy didn't return many kicks while he was in college (I'm not sure if he returned any at all), but if he had, then he would have been even better than James judging by his NFL career.

I can't recall a single time Percy returned a kickoff or punt. my vote goes to Brandon James. Debose had some great kick return touchdowns,
but I think we lost every time he took one for a score (exception 2011 bowl game vs ohio state).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I was torn between James and Harvin.

I do remember Capel.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
John Capel had the best straight line speed of any gator I can remember. He couldn't play football for $hit, but could flat out fly. But as far as the poll I say James, and it's not close.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There is more to returning kicks than just the individual, and I am making my decision on results. james is best by far, perhaps due to other factors but I can't evaluate them.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
James was an excellent punt returner b/c he had quick feet and could sidestep quickly. James was a below average KO returner b/c he did not have great straight ahead speed to get thru a seam quickly, but he was the best punt returner UF has ever had. KO return would be a guy like Debose who could speed thru the opening, but we have never had a KO returner that was very consistent.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember James as a great punt returner, but not so much on kick offs. Debose on kickoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.