Geez, for one night enjoy a sweet, sweet victory!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n69373 said:
There will be plenty of time for handwringing and prognostication, but enjoy this victory over one of our hated rivals at least for one night!

I even changed my avatar to this psycho looking dude in honor of going into Knoxville and getting a win.

Raise a glass, shout out loud or dance in a barn like you've been forbidden to for over a decade -Rocky Top is quiet for one more year! Rejoice!
I know this win will extend the "Death Valley Days" of the chump but it was really sweet to beat those silly orange and white checker board Vols in their house and hear their death knell chant "..... Florida". Does anybody know what they were chanting? I couldn't quite catch it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n69553 said:
Maybe that"s what Muschamp means when he keeps saying Driskel gives them the best chance to win. He's talking about our opponents.
Listening to him making excuses for JD ("it's not all on JD") seems to indicate that he doesn't understand that sometimes, even if the talent level is the same, that a team responds to certain QB's better than others. Poor JD simply cannot get out of his own way but I'm afraid that the chump has not gotten the message even yet.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to enjoy it for more than just today. This is going to be an incredible week. And I am set for the year. We didn't get alot of $#!t talk this week but a little. By Friday that quiet confidence they had was turning into a little more verbal bashing. So they got a big glass of STFU. Been to all the SEC venues except for College Station and Mizzou. Can't say that I have ever heard a fan base start a chant, F-U Gators! Semis used to do Go to hell Gators back in the '70's but you'd expect that from the Clowns. Extremely classless. Their season is toast and they'll tank it the rest of the way. So I say, good job Gators, continue to improve cause you're not there yet. And to Butch Jones, welcome to the "Being the Gators Bytch Club." Go Gators!!

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
oxking;n69559 said:
I know this win will extend the "Death Valley Days" of the chump but it was really sweet to beat those silly orange and white checker board Vols in their house and hear their death knell chant "..... Florida". Does anybody know what they were chanting? I couldn't quite catch it.

The inbreds were chanting "F you Florida".

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n69561 said:
Listening to him making excuses for JD ("it's not all on JD") seems to indicate that he doesn't understand that sometimes, even if the talent level is the same, that a team responds to certain QB's better than others. Poor JD simply cannot get out of his own way but I'm afraid that the chump has not gotten the message even yet.
Driskel was not good overall yesterday, but Muschamp saying that it "was not all on Jeff" might have been an indictment of a poor receiver performance as well. Robinson, as good as he's looked at times this season (UK game for example), looked like a no-talent clown. Hopefully it is an aberration and not a beginning trend.

This week will tell us a lot about the QB situation. Personally I believe you go with the freshman and have Driskel as ready as he can be in case of injury or meltdown. Regarding the UT chant, it was F---You, Florida!, as was pointed out farther down the thread. Whether you hate Muschamp, as the cult members constantly remind us, you have to appreciate his post-gamer comment to the SEC Network correspondent about sending the Vol fans home disappointed. Sadly, I believe many so-called Gators slithered away from that game in like fashion.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
i dont know whats going to happen the rest of the way, but i'm going to enjoy this one. go gators!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n69682 said:
Driskel was not good overall yesterday, but Muschamp saying that it "was not all on Jeff" might have been an indictment of a poor receiver performance as well. Robinson, as good as he's looked at times this season (UK game for example), looked like a no-talent clown. Hopefully it is an aberration and not a beginning trend.

This week will tell us a lot about the QB situation. Personally I believe you go with the freshman and have Driskel as ready as he can be in case of injury or meltdown. Regarding the UT chant, it was F---You, Florida!, as was pointed out farther down the thread. Whether you hate Muschamp, as the cult members constantly remind us, you have to appreciate his post-gamer comment to the SEC Network correspondent about sending the Vol fans home disappointed. Sadly, I believe many so-called Gators slithered away from that game in like fashion.

In the same way fans now seem to see a glimmer that things may get better, WM kinda had that same glimmer at the presser. Doomed man gets a stay of execution, he's pretty happy. Glad we went "ten for Ten". Hopefully, it only gets better.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I can say that even I was about ready to kick Muschamp out the door after the Bamer game; however, after seeing the defense play like they did yesterday and him putting Harris in, I'm going to hope that he continues to make changes the need to be made and that he turns out to be a great coach. We have too much too lose if he doesn't survive and I don't want to spend the next 3/4 years digging out of a deeper hole. I was told that if Tennessee had score any more points, in the first half, that we would have seen Harris earlier. Muschamp gave Driskel every chance in the world to turn it around and he didn't. I believe Muschamp's comments were more about keeping Jeff from crashing, as a person, than anything. Jeff is a good kid and he doesn't deserve to be kicked in the head because he couldn't turn it around. Let him contribute the rest of the seaso, help him transfer to another school, were he can spend his last year trying to find what he hasn't been able too at UF. I guess one never knows. I was impressed by the way Jeff handled being benched. It said a lot about his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator