Georgia Hate Week

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who's got UGA Farks? I need them in a big way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm remembering better days!
images

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If you've never been to the game, this is a great time. Tickets will be the easiest to get in a long, long time since UF fans are not looking forward to seing what happens on the field Saturday. I will throw out this question. Will it be close to a 50-50 split in fans this year or will there be a noticeable majority of Bulldog fans in attendance?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The outcome of this game is a win win. I'm pumped about it actually. We have a rib competition and it could possibly be muschamps last game. It's going to be a good day.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Losing to uga is never a good thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n91296 said:
I wouldn't piss on Muschamp if he was on fire, but I never want to lose to uga.

I don't want to lose to Georgia either but if it means the muschamp era is over I can live with it

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91299 said:
I don't want to lose to Georgia either but if it means the muschamp era is over I can live with it

The WM era is over either way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You would certainly hope that his ERA is over. But until Foley pulls the plug, I don't discount anything. Yes I hate losing to UGAly. Do I hope that UF wins, absolutely. Its assumed at this point UF will lose at this point. So hopefully this will put us out of our misery.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_1178.jpg
    conv_1178.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 39
  • conv_1178.jpg
    conv_1178.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 33
  • conv_1178.jpg
    conv_1178.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 42
  • conv_1180.jpg
    conv_1180.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 47

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
We have more national championships, SEC championship game victories, Heisman winners, and All-Americans than UGA

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From an old Franz Beard article I think:

REASON NUMBER ONE: My dad was a 16-year-old freshman at the University of Florida in 1942, biding his time until he was 18 when he could sign up to join the Navy to fight the Germans and the Japanese. On most of the college campuses across the nation, the physically able athletes had already signed up to fight for their country in the weeks immediately after Pearl Harbor. Florida had gone 4-6 in 1941 but expectations were high that 1942 would be different thanks to season-closing wins over Miami and Georgia Tech and a close loss to UCLA. Those hopes and dreams went out the window with the unilateral declaration of war against Germany and Japan.

The most able bodied of Coach Thomas Lieb’s football team were already in the military when the 1942 season arrived. Most of Florida’s team was made up of young guys waiting their eighteenth birthdays or who couldn’t pass the physical.

That wasn’t the case at Georgia, which had one of the two or three best ROTC programs in the country. Georgia was already loaded when the war broke out. By the time the 1942 season began, Coach Wally Butts had a roster full of stars who were enrolled in the ROTC program, including All-Americans like Flatfoot Frankie Sinkwich (he won the Heisman that year), George Poschner and Charlie Trippi, who would go on to become one of the greatest college football players in history.

When Georgia and Florida squared off in Jacksonville on November 7, the game was over by the first quarter and by halftime, it was total carnage. Butts could have called it off any time he wanted, but he kept pouring it on. Late in the fourth quarter Sinkwich and Trippi were still in the game pouring it on.
The final score was 75-0. Georgia went on to win a national championship. Florida went 3-7 with wins over Randolph-Macon, Auburn and Villanova.

REASON NUMBER TWO: Florida had been picked to win the SEC and finish in the top five in the nation in 1968 but problems on and off the field torpedoed those dreams. Florida’s bubble burst in Chapel Hill on a rainy Saturday in October when the Gators lost seven fumbles and fell to the Tar Heels, 22-7. From there the season was a downward spiral and by the Georgia game on November 7, the Gators were 4-2-1.

The Gators were a team divided by a quarterback controversy as half the team supported Jackie Eckdahl and the other half Larry Rentz. Defensive players thought they were doing their part and they were angered by the Eckdahl-Rentz controversy.

The week before the game Florida offensive genius Fred Pancoast, was hospitalized for an appendectomy. In his absence, Ray Graves decided to shake up the team by swapping coordinators --- Ed Kensler went to the defense and Gene Ellenson went to the defense. Graves figured things couldn’t get worse but they did.

On a cold, rainy, miserable day in Jacksonville (those of us who were there will NEVER forget how miserable that day was) ninth-ranked Georgia hammered the out of sorts Gators from the opening whistle. It was 42-0 and over by halftime but with seconds remaining in the fourth quarter Dooley called time out and let his center, who hadn’t kicked since high school, kick a field goal to make the final score, 51-0.

For those of you who never understood Steve Spurrier’s obsession with running it up on Georgia, now you know. Coach Ellenson, who was Spurrier’s close friend, called Spurrier in San Francisco (Spurrier was with the 49ers then) that night and told him what had happened. Those who know Spurrier know that he has a VERY long memory. He never forgot how Dooley called time out to run up the score. He never felt any reason to show a moment of sympathy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ufgator812;n91393 said:
You should be banned for bringing this up.

Maybe a little harsh. But yeah, I'm wondering why anyone would ever even mention that game as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91299 said:
I don't want to lose to Ugly either but because Chimp is still coaching I have become numb to losing.

I do have some hope we can hang with EKU with a little luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator