Give Mac time

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
As Dabo Sweeney just stated about his team and program on where their at and their big time win, he noted that this team that won today wasn't just a reflection on the players that played today but also on that first team he had that won the division in 09 and that team that won the conference in 2011. you see it rarely happens over night, and i believe we should support mac knowing the results won't happen immediately but if we stick by our guy and notice that he's making changes infrastructure wise, the long term payoff will be awesome.

also on a side note i believe the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams. To me, it seems clear that in doing so the playoff would be more competitive and include every team that deserves to be in it. IMO, there are teams like FSU and michigan this year that i believe would have put up a tougher fight than what washington did. This would make it much more fair and be the perfect number imo

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
images

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No just no. Then you praise FSU and Mich. No just no.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
You can't win unless you have recruited the Jimmy's and Joe's. To-date neither he nor his staff has shown the ability to do that. This is at the flagship school in one of the best states for recruits.

Look at the recruits Dabo as been able to pull out from FL.

Here's to hoping he can somehow close well enough to get a Top 10 class. Under Meyer, UF was always Top 5 and had the #1 class in a few of those.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like somebody's hit the liquor cabinet pretty hard on new years.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The way to do it is play the traditional bowl games like they used to. Then after the bowls take the top four for a playoff.......
I remember when Dabo was a joke on here and low and behold he is in the title game again. I heard that Washington coach
needed to be here. Our off. played bama better than his...........happy new year all you reprobates and negators...........I still
believe in God Tebow Danny SOS our players our recruits and staff UNTIl we have new ones..................and I Have NOT had a drink
tonite.............

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As Dabo Sweeney just stated about his team and program on where their at and their big time win, he noted that this team that won today wasn't just a reflection on the players that played today but also on that first team he had that won the division in 09 and that team that won the conference in 2011. you see it rarely happens over night, and i believe we should support mac knowing the results won't happen immediately but if we stick by our guy and notice that he's making changes infrastructure wise, the long term payoff will be awesome.

also on a side note i believe the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams. To me, it seems clear that in doing so the playoff would be more competitive and include every team that deserves to be in it. IMO, there are teams like FSU and michigan this year that i believe would have put up a tougher fight than what washington did. This would make it much more fair and be the perfect number imo
you were in the box the other day with Jimbo's nuts on your chin...a Nole is a Nole is a Nole

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo did things to show improvement over the years, for instance, good recruiting. For Mac things are just getting worse every year along with no sign that things will be better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How much time do you think we should allow him to field an offense ranked 100+? Long enough to bring the defense down to that level with his spectacular recruiting? Gimme a fuggin break.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dabo had Clemson #3 in recruiting n the ACC. Mac has us #8 in the SEC. Dabo also has elite players at QB, OL and DL. Mac has taken on projects at these positions or outright neglected acquiring players at some key spots like at DT or CB. The situations are nowhere close to being the same.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The way to do it is play the traditional bowl games like they used to. Then after the bowls take the top four for a playoff.......
I remember when Dabo was a joke on here and low and behold he is in the title game again. I heard that Washington coach
needed to be here. Our off. played bama better than his...........happy new year all you reprobates and negators...........I still
believe in God Tebow Danny SOS our players our recruits and staff UNTIl we have new ones..................and I Have NOT had a drink tonite.............

.... still doing the IV with that Visiting Angel? :oops:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo did things to show improvement over the years, for instance, good recruiting. For Mac things are just getting worse every year along with no sign that things will be better.

Yep many of us say Mac deserves 4 years if the recruiting got to where it needed to be but he needs to show that first with him not getting it done on the field. This is nothing like Clemson's situation was.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gators4224 has a decent line of cogitating. Absolutely Mac has failed at recruiting and at getting decent
offensive results. But since Mac's style of failure has produced a coaching record of wins second only to
the great Sabin, shouldn't that garner support for crediting Mac with an accomplished (& promising) level
of learning-on-the-job ?

Regardless of how very much "the sky is falling" panic is storm-clouding many views,
there are still these possibilities:
1) Mac will fire the badder & add the gooder.
2) Mac will add better recruiters.
3) Franks will be that QB of high talent-effectiveness similar to what Top-10 (to 20) teams have.
4) In spite of so many "fall-short" problems, Mac continues to have us competing for the SEC-CG.

Just some specific "ought-to's" for Macncrew:
1) Research & assign respected coaching & recruiting books for all to study (& adopt the wisdom).
2) Contact some successful "conman" like Tony Robins to write, create a course for CFB coaches/recruiters.
3) Get Mac on some anti-zen medication - off mo'daffodil and on modafinil. (Wake up!).
4) Get with UF Shands researchers on kinesiology to combat injuries & promote movement fluidity in action. { properly designed partial reps strengthen more-better than full reps, know the latest scientifically proven physiological training, etc.}
5) From Amazon, order voodoo dolls of opposing QBs.
6) Get Spurrier to write "do it right or fix-it" treatises individually for Mac(HC) and Whoever(OC).
7)Assign players (all positions) to have weekly "hypnosis-guided-visualization of making good
plays, having good reactions. Especially QBs visualizing successfully arched passes as well as
line-drive fired pass completions. (Do this through Shands medical hypnosis science. It usually
gives 20-25% improvement.)
8) Get the psychology & the marketing professors to create a syllabus of persuasion-tacts for 17 y.o.recruits.
9) Create a talisman like that ole "Chucky Doll" for overdrive thinking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.