Give Mac time

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gators4224 has a decent line of cogitating. Absolutely Mac has failed at recruiting and at getting decent
offensive results. But since Mac's style of failure has produced a coaching record of wins second only to
the great Sabin, shouldn't that garner support for crediting Mac with an accomplished (& promising) level
of learning-on-the-job ?

Regardless of how "the sky is falling" panic is clouding many views, there's still these possibilities:
1) Mac will fire the badder & add the gooder.
2) Mac will add better recruiters.
3) Franks will be that QB of high talent-effectiveness similar to what Top-10 (to 20) teams have.
4) In spite of so many "fall-short" problems, Mac continues to have us competing for the SEC-CG.

Just some specific "ought-to's" for Macncrew:
1) Research & assign respected coaching & recruiting books for all to study (& adopt the wisdom).
2) Contact some successful "conman" like Tony Robins to write, create a course for CFB coaches/recruiters.
3) Get Mac on some anti-zen medication. (Wake up!).
4) Get with UF Shands researchers on kinesiology to combat injuries & promote movement fluidity in action.
5) From Amazon, order voodoo dolls of opposing QBs.
6) Get Spurrier to write "do it right or fix-it" treatises individually for Mac(HC) and Whoever(OC).
7) Have players (all positions) to have weekly "hypnosis-guided-visualization of making good plays, having
good reactions. (Do this through Shands medical hypnosis science. Usually gives 20-25% improvement.)
8) Get the psychology & the marketing professors to create a syllabus of persuasion-tacts for 17 y.o.recruits.
9) Create a talisman like that ole "Chucky Doll" for overdrive thinking.

No - because the East has been pathetic the past couple of seasons even getting beat down by the ACC and you have no chance to win the SEC with Mac's current recruiting. Only chance is if he turns it around big time this class.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Or just replace this staff as soon as Stricklin lands a great HC.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Even I wouldnt dare to make such a post as the op did on this board. Welcome to the pumper side!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I guess all the interweb coaches havent woken up from their happy new yearing or are so shocked by the title they cannot begin to repeat the SOS about our team/staff/recruits/offense/etc etc etc..........

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess all the interweb coaches havent woken up from their happy new yearing or are so shocked by the title they cannot begin to repeat the SOS about our team/staff/recruits/offense/etc etc etc..........

Coach you know its going to be repeated until its fixed. If Mac surprises us and finishes strong with this class and is at least a respectable top 5 SEC and top 10 nationally in recruiting the noise will die down a little about the recruiting and if he can get one of these young guys to play decent at QB it may lead to some good wins and the noise could die down some next season. A lot of ifs there however.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im just having some new years fun, fever...........My position on our team and all of our previous teams is well documented............

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No - because the East has been pathetic the past couple of seasons even getting beat down by the ACC and you have no chance to win the SEC with Mac's current recruiting. Only chance is if he turns it around big time this class.

Those failed measures (East weakness, bad recruiting) I specifically listed. Yet in this "dump Mac & run" tact,
nobody is giving "real-weight" to that higher than 60% + likelihood that we'll wind up with a replacement HC
worse or no better than this upcoming 3rd year coach Mac.?? The switch-over will have its natural setbacks, with so
many recruits unsure about coming to that once again "untried" UF program.?? FSU, OSU, Clemson etc recruiters
will point out our "stumbling in the dark" program.??

My 60% support of Mac will nosedive if he befouls next season. It'll take a prior dip if he falls below top 3 SEC
recruiting class for 2017. He has got to step up for us.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac doesn't shyt the bed next year, he'll get a fourth year. I can honestly see him getting 6 years so long as he is 1st or 2nd in the SEC. He'd been hammering the lack of facilities since his negotiations. To an extent he is right, we may not get all the big names as we should because of facilities. However, we've seen the lack of organization and ability to recruit, and it goes beyond facilities. It's and organizational problem.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Those failed measures (East weakness, bad recruiting) I specifically listed. Yet in this "dump Mac & run" tact,
nobody is giving "real-weight" to that higher than 60% + likelihood that we'll wind up with a replacement HC
worse or no better than this upcoming 3rd year coach Mac.?? The switch-over will have its natural setbacks, with so
many recruits unsure about coming to that once again "untried" UF program.?? FSU, OSU, Clemson etc recruiters
will point out our "stumbling in the dark" program.??

My 60% support of Mac will nosedive if he befouls next season. It'll take a prior dip if he falls below top 3 SEC
recruiting class for 2017. He has got to step up for us.

If Kelly is out there we should try and get him. It could be tough financially if ND or some others are looking but it will be worth it most likely. He is a proven big time college coach.

Mac doesn't deserve a 4th season if we lose 4 or more games again next season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to feel that way too. I feel that they'll give him until mid-late 2018. But if he gets canned next season and Chip's available, it's worth going after.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a bit disappointed. I saw the thread title and was expecting to see TRex, Swamp Donkey and the other Bashers out in force. I guess I'll have to get popcorn and wait...

I really hope Mac succeeds. I think the offense will be much better next year. The D is what I am worried about. The recruiting is a big deal also. I am hoping he has some surprises up his sleeve, but I won't believe it until their LOI hits the fax.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gators4224 has a decent line of cogitating. Absolutely Mac has failed at recruiting and at getting decent
offensive results. But since Mac's style of failure has produced a coaching record of wins second only to
the great Sabin, shouldn't that garner support for crediting Mac with an accomplished (& promising) level
of learning-on-the-job ?

Regardless of how very much "the sky is falling" panic is storm-clouding many views,
there are still these possibilities:
1) Mac will fire the badder & add the gooder.
2) Mac will add better recruiters.
3) Franks will be that QB of high talent-effectiveness similar to what Top-10 (to 20) teams have.
4) In spite of so many "fall-short" problems, Mac continues to have us competing for the SEC-CG.

Just some specific "ought-to's" for Macncrew:
1) Research & assign respected coaching & recruiting books for all to study (& adopt the wisdom).
2) Contact some successful "conman" like Tony Robins to write, create a course for CFB coaches/recruiters.
3) Get Mac on some anti-zen medication - off mo'daffodil and on modafinil. (Wake up!).
4) Get with UF Shands researchers on kinesiology to combat injuries & promote movement fluidity in action. { properly designed partial reps strengthen more-better than full reps, know the latest scientifically proven physiological training, etc.}
5) From Amazon, order voodoo dolls of opposing QBs.
6) Get Spurrier to write "do it right or fix-it" treatises individually for Mac(HC) and Whoever(OC).
7)Assign players (all positions) to have weekly "hypnosis-guided-visualization of making good
plays, having good reactions. Especially QBs visualizing successfully arched passes as well as
line-drive fired pass completions. (Do this through Shands medical hypnosis science. It usually
gives 20-25% improvement.)
8) Get the psychology & the marketing professors to create a syllabus of persuasion-tacts for 17 y.o.recruits.
9) Create a talisman like that ole "Chucky Doll" for overdrive thinking.
I wouldn't call what we've done in SEC champ game competing

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm a bit disappointed. I saw the thread title and was expecting to see TRex, Swamp Donkey and the other Bashers out in force. I guess I'll have to get popcorn and wait...

I really hope Mac succeeds. I think the offense will be much better next year. The D is what I am worried about. The recruiting is a big deal also. I am hoping he has some surprises up his sleeve, but I won't believe it until their LOI hits the fax.
Why will offense be better?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach you know its going to be repeated until its fixed. If Mac surprises us and finishes strong with this class and is at least a respectable top 5 SEC and top 10 nationally in recruiting the noise will die down a little about the recruiting and if he can get one of these young guys to play decent at QB it may lead to some good wins and the noise could die down some next season. A lot of ifs there however.
Add beating a ranked tam to this list......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I really hope Mac succeeds. I think the offense will be much better next year
Not sure why?
Our offensive line will be a little better, we've got 2 decent RB's and a couple of capable WR's....... We've also got no QB, plain and simple.......Until we've got a guy who is a legitimate threat throwing the ball it will stunt the growth of the other position groups.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I really thought this was a troll job and there's not much to add until we see the product on the field tomorrow.

I don't think getting a fourth year is a gimmie. The guy averages 5 losses a year through 5 seasons. I expect it to happen in his sixth year as well. That's just who he is...he's an 8-5'er guy with an occasional decent season sprinkled in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call what we've done in SEC champ game competing

My statement said "competing for the SEC CG; that's competing to qualify to play in Atlanta.

I'd still think "Dump Mac" declarations ought to be accompanied by the dumper's "sure-fire" solution new HC ??
And to show "the way" out of all these now-problems, you gotta have a replacement 1) guaranteed to be better
and the 'convincer' must be that you can 2) guarantee he'll come? Provide those 2 guarantees to your pitch and
I will go along with your replacement move. Sabin would fulfill guarantee #1 but not guarantee #2.?? Harbough
may be a fine HC up there, but what guarantees his status down south? Further, what guarantee could ever be
attached to Urban Meyer for down here?

My knee-jerk reaction puts my "faith-bet" on WMU's HC Fleck being a bold replacement, yet give me the right
to fire Mac and hire Fleck and I would back out. This UF program cannot afford another step into quicksand.
Thus, I am backed into the corner of say betting on Mac winning 10-11 games in 2017, having better recruits
on the rise. IDK?? It is an awful place to be, but if you want to see worse places than us look at UT, at UGa
(they lost to us & Vandy), at LSU (lost to us, fired HC) etc.

Just tearing down something is not improving it. It's bogus to flippantly say Mac torn down would be better.
You can't only kill the present and expect the future to live the high-life.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I really thought this was a troll job and there's not much to add until we see the product on the field tomorrow.

I don't think getting a fourth year is a gimmie. The guy averages 5 losses a year through 5 seasons. I expect it to happen in his sixth year as well. That's just who he is...he's an 8-5'er guy with an occasional decent season sprinkled in.
He's Ron Zook without the recruiting and staff hiring skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb