Golf advice

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Good stuff Ray. I'll watch the vids tomorrow.

Based on your description of who you want to model, this is exactly what Golf Tec does. Heard of them? I was given a gift of 5 lessons from my Mother-in-law and only used 2. All I felt was going on was trying to sell me knew clubs. I never used the any more.

Thanks for the name of the software, I was going to ask. Do you have your phone on a tripod? I need to get a tripod for my phone. Recommend any?
I don't use a tripod. I did see someone with this cool case that hooked onto one of those alignment sticks. I'm gunna look those up. The range has these bag stands that have a flat shelf area on top. I just set it on one of those and keep it propped up with a club.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray: I like the photo where you're wearing Tevas. I used to get foot cramps from my golf shoes and started wearing Tevas when I played in FL and TX, before moving to the NW. I actually finished rounds in HS in my bare feet when the cramps got so bad. I really don't play enough to worry about cramps anymore, plus I have a really nice pair of foot joys.
Everybody's swing's different and if I recorded mine we'd probably have a good laugh.
Your posture is impeccable.
Good stuff! Keep at it! I'm sure you could kick my butt.
:bart:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's called Kinovea. It's free and does everything I need. Fair warning: you must record your videos with your phone in the sideways position. Found that out the hard way :lol:

I can't overstate how helpful these apps are (I've always used V1 Golf, I think it was ~$5 but I think I got it "on sale"). I had my handicap down to +3 a few years ago just using an iPhone, a golf net, and youtube.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I can't overstate how helpful these apps are (I've always used V1 Golf, I think it was ~$5 but I think I got it "on sale"). I had my handicap down to +3 a few years ago just using an iPhone, a golf net, and youtube.
I looked at V1 but I couldn't seem to get the cheap version. I've read good things about it though. Avalon tomorrow btw :dance:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ray: I like the photo where you're wearing Tevas. I used to get foot cramps from my golf shoes and started wearing Tevas when I played in FL and TX, before moving to the NW. I actually finished rounds in HS in my bare feet when the cramps got so bad. I really don't play enough to worry about cramps anymore, plus I have a really nice pair of foot joys.
Everybody's swing's different and if I recorded mine we'd probably have a good laugh.
Your posture is impeccable.
Good stuff! Keep at it! I'm sure you could kick my butt.
:bart:
Thanks Bart! I love those sandles :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see if I can do this - video of me hitting a driver. I'm 51 and started golfing at 12 and have never taken a video of my swing, so this was interesting. The biggest thing I can take away from this is that I need to accelerate through the ball at the finish more, as it appears I'm decelerating. Also, my right foot is open and not perpendicular to the target (no wonder the ball pushed to the right). I also had a video from directly behind, but the wife video'd it upside down (she's a lefty, so I can't blame her) - I just can't figure out how to flip it right side up (that's on me). :lol:
:gah: I gotta go and can't figure out how to post a personal video. I'll have to wait until I receive instruction. :bandit:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Giving this a shot - it worked!

Driver from the side

Driver from the back

So I've never had my swing videoed before. Two things I notice are that I decelerate through the swing, not finishing strong, and my right foot is not perpendicular to the target (likely why I was pushing it right that day).

Well, I tried to play them here without luck. Anybody have any luck? I noticed that when I click on my videos it takes me back to PB, but when I click on Ray's it goes to my media player, which is much better. Any idea what I'm doing wrong Ray?

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anybody have any luck?

Yeah...when I click on them it takes me to some tall dude that doesn't look anything like Bart.
And the video is very choppy on PB.
I tried saving it to my hard drive but the Windows media player puked on it...
I'll try something else.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...when I click on them it takes me to some tall dude that doesn't look anything like Bart.
And the video is very choppy on PB.
I tried saving it to my hard drive but the Windows media player puked on it...
I'll try something else.
Somehow I need to get it like Ray has it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Driver from the side

Driver from the back

So I've never had my swing videoed before. Two things I notice are that I decelerate through the swing, not finishing strong, and my right foot is not perpendicular to the target (likely why I was pushing it right that day).

Well, I tried to play them here without luck. Anybody have any luck? I noticed that when I click on my videos it takes me back to PB, but when I click on Ray's it goes to my media player, which is much better. Any idea what I'm doing wrong Ray?
Works just fine for me on my phone. Then again, it's an iPhone and everything works just fine on it. You certainly have the swing of a stoner. ;)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Old timers and cripples use them...
LOL'd when I read this! Only way I laugh more is if you were wearing that pink-ish golf shirt with the sleeves cut off that you were wearing in the other video you posted in the box when you typed this!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
LOL'd when I read this! Only way I laugh more is if you were wearing that pink-ish golf shirt with the sleeves cut off that you were wearing in the other video you posted in the box when you typed this!
The only thing your woman loves to see me in more than that shirt are her pants

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think that this is what you are talking about.

From the Side.

Driver from the side

Driver from the back

I think that this is what you are talking about.

Driver from the Side.

Clipboard01.jpg Use the BB code editor.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just now saw this...better tell the rest of the story, for the record.

The only thing your woman loves to see me in more than that shirt are her pants

Hey, got nothing more than a common law agreement with "Muffin," so I bear no malice. Anyway, Muffin lives in the lower Gainesville/Williston area and works as a "hostess" at a fine entertainment establishment in the quiet little hamlet of Micanopy. She says she met Ray and three golfing companions recently when they dropped in after a round at, I think, Ironwood. A fine meal at the cafe along with libations and the floor show was just what four tired linksters needed to help them unwind and prepare for day two on their junket. After some of the best scrambled eggs and Natural Lite a man could ask for, Ray and co. settled in at Muffin's station. His companions were quite a bit rowdy and in addition to flicking their lit cigarette butts at her bare backside, they also made fun of the prosthesis she wore in place of her missing left leg. Ray, on the other hand, was quite the gentleman and obviously smitten, and quickly directed the others to a different station. After watching Muffin do her thing (a Twerk and a Lap Dance respectively) to two of his favorite love songs/ballads ("Cherry Pie" by Warrant and "Cold Hard Bitch" by Jet), Ray asked her to join him for drinks and small talk. The talk was bigger than expected, one thing led to another, and the new "couple" retired to the aged Winnebago parked out back.

In a role reversal, Muffin convinced Ray to do the burlesque thing for her viewing pleasure. She was both amused and aroused that her new "agent provocateur," who a moment before was nattily attired in his Under Armor golf shorts and a sleeveless golf shirt, no doubt from the Larry the Cable guy line, was now standing before her in nothing but his Hanes white briefs. As he turned seductively before her, she admired the ornately scripted tattoo in the small of his back that said "Aaron," a past lover, perhaps? She also admired his semi-sculpted body. "We can work around his small package" she thought as she licked her rouge-coated lips. Ray completed disrobing and prepared to, in his mind, to do this chick justice. But Muffin had something else up her sleeve. Unbeknownst to Ray, she had opened a can of cling peaches, purchased just for this type of tryst, and began pouring the nectar over her pasty but firm, nude body. She beckoned Ray over and guided him from one end to the other, beginning at the stump of her left leg, then upward to the "valley of sin," and finally to the "two dunes alongside the Irish Sea" (golf metaphors that turned the heat up for Ray). Not a drop of the sweet nectar remained when the two consummated the evening, concluded when Ray arched his back, eyes rolled back in his head, and shouted "Fore Left!" (most likely due to his affliction with Peyronie Disease and a starboard alignment). Ordinarily, Muffin would be laying limp and smoking an unfiltered Camel while her partner did his best, but she crushed the cigarette out early on and found she actually enjoyed his efforts.

As the two lay in each other's arms during the recovery phase, Muffin was curiously struck by the juxtaposition of her feeling satisfied on one hand and almost motherly on the other as she held Ray close, aware of the soft sobs coming from this love-struck pup. She was, she thought, a Jocasta to his Oedipus. They later enjoyed a little chit chat and she was impressed when Ray disclosed he was the owner and CEO of a multi-national web conglomerate called GCMB. Things were going vey well he said, except for a couple of entry level workers, "Ox" and "J," who he would have to let go due to their incompetence. The evening ended with a warm embrace and a promise to get together again soon. She hesitated to accept the $20 she usually charged, but didn't want to appear ungrateful. Ray departed, picking up his now sh!tty-drunk mates, and they retired to their motel. They played their final round the next day and flew northward to home. Muffin did get a plane ticket in the mail a couple of weeks later that would take her to a city she and Ray could meet in and rekindle the flame that they started. She thought better of it and traded the ticket for a bottle of Rebel Yell and a carton of smokes. She decided not to risk losing everything she had worked so hard for: her lucrative career in entertainment and her recently paid-for single-wide. The memories of that one great evening would just have to do.

Ok so now that that's over, how has the swing work translated to your golf game? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator