GOP tax bill hits college, pro sports

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the fact that this could eliminate a community's ability to use tax dollars to fund stadiums.
Taxpayers funding stadiums has never made sense and is corporate welfare in it's purest form.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I really like the fact that this could eliminate a community's ability to use tax dollars to fund stadiums.
Taxpayers funding stadiums has never made sense and is corporate welfare in it's purest form.
Florida Marlins.

They robbed the locals for that stadium. Total shame

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

These bills would eliminate the exclusion of interest of such municipal bonds being free from federal tax. Such bonds would have to thus pay higher interest rates to attract investors. That creates a higher hurdle but doesn’t end the prospect of taxpayers funding such ventures in whole or in part. It’s like nailing jello to a wall. They’ll find a way to slip around it.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Did they tweak the Sales Tax Deduction? It was nice for residents with no income tax (Florida, Texas, NH...)

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Especially since the stadiums have become so lavish as they all try to outdo each other with bells and whistles and costs now approaching the one-billion-dollar range. And, of course, mayors and city officials are all for spending tax money on stadiums as long as they get their free box seats in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator