GoT - Get Hyped!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Spoilers (up to season7) ahead.
HBO has released the latest trailer for the July 16th start of Season 7. With only 13 episodes left it's time to start wrapping up some plot lines and get started with the real war against the Night King. The newest trailer focuses on Cersei, Dany, John and presumably the Night King. HBO has said the new season will be much darker so I expect a lot of characters are going to meet their end.

Dany: Dany has 100,000 Dothraki warriors, an alliance with Dorn, the Tyrells and half the Ironborn. And oh yeah, Dragons. But before she can make land and start her offensive there is the matter of Euron Greyjoy. Does Euron have a horn that can tame dragons? Does he have a krakon? In any case we are likely to see one hell of a sea battle between the ships of Yara/Theon and Euron. The trailer shows Dany on the throne at Dragonstone so we can assume she wins the sea battle but at what cost. If I had to guess Euron will be defeated, Theon will be dead and Dany will lose much of the Dothraki army (they aren't going to be much good in snow anyway). Yara isn't much use on land but Dany will need her ships to reach Dragonstone.

Cersei: She has the Iron Throne but not much else - the Lannister army and what's left of House Frey. She will be no match for Dany and her dragons. The final clip of the teaser shows Cersei blowing a cold breath. Obviously winter has come to King's Landing but a more interesting theory that I at first dismissed is that Cersei forms an Alliance with the Night King becoming a White Walker herself (not a Wight). This theory has some merit. Cersei has nothing to live for with the death of her children and the prophesy she believes in that she will be killed by her brother (she thinks Tyrion but I think Jamie will come for her). Cersei can live for ever as a White Walker and it certainly fits her personality.

Jon: Jon will no doubt turn his attention to the wall and the threat from the north but there is the matter of Littlefinger and Sansa. Baelish still has sights in the Iron Throne and is known to play both sides of the coin. Does Baelish align with Cersei and take the Vale Army to defend King's Landing? Littlefinger can still cause a lot of trouble for Jon. Sansa, poor Sansa. What is her purpose to the plot now? I'm afraid she's a gonner.

Other characters:
The Mountain and the Hound: Will we finally get Cleaganbowl?
Arya: After her long and stupid plot line she has served her purpose. I don't know who is left on her list but I expect her to be gone soon too.
Jamie: I don't know what's in store for Jamie. His infatuation with his sister has no doubt ended. He'll lead the army against Dany, then what? Does Jamie meet his end at the hands of Cersei?
Tyrion and Varys: Will continue to council Dany and may last for a while. Where's Jorah?
The Red Queen: She told Arya in season two that they would meet again.
Bran: Is Bran the 3rd dragon rider?
Gendry: Still rowing.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spoilers (up to season7) ahead.
HBO has released the latest trailer for the July 16th start of Season 7. With only 13 episodes left it's time to start wrapping up some plot lines and get started with the real war against the Night King. The newest trailer focuses on Cersei, Dany, John and presumably the Night King. HBO has said the new season will be much darker so I expect a lot of characters are going to meet their end.

Dany: Dany has 100,000 Dothraki warriors, an alliance with Dorn, the Tyrells and half the Ironborn. And oh yeah, Dragons. But before she can make land and start her offensive there is the matter of Euron Greyjoy. Does Euron have a horn that can tame dragons? Does he have a krakon? In any case we are likely to see one hell of a sea battle between the ships of Yara/Theon and Euron. The trailer shows Dany on the throne at Dragonstone so we can assume she wins the sea battle but at what cost. If I had to guess Euron will be defeated, Theon will be dead and Dany will lose much of the Dothraki army (they aren't going to be much good in snow anyway). Yara isn't much use on land but Dany will need her ships to reach Dragonstone.

Cersei: She has the Iron Throne but not much else - the Lannister army and what's left of House Frey. She will be no match for Dany and her dragons. The final clip of the teaser shows Cersei blowing a cold breath. Obviously winter has come to King's Landing but a more interesting theory that I at first dismissed is that Cersei forms an Alliance with the Night King becoming a White Walker herself (not a Wight). This theory has some merit. Cersei has nothing to live for with the death of her children and the prophesy she believes in that she will be killed by her brother (she thinks Tyrion but I think Jamie will come for her). Cersei can live for ever as a White Walker and it certainly fits her personality.

Jon: Jon will no doubt turn his attention to the wall and the threat from the north but there is the matter of Littlefinger and Sansa. Baelish still has sights in the Iron Throne and is known to play both sides of the coin. Does Baelish align with Cersei and take the Vale Army to defend King's Landing? Littlefinger can still cause a lot of trouble for Jon. Sansa, poor Sansa. What is her purpose to the plot now? I'm afraid she's a gonner.

Other characters:
The Mountain and the Hound: Will we finally get Cleaganbowl?
Arya: After her long and stupid plot line she has served her purpose. I don't know who is left on her list but I expect her to be gone soon too.
Jamie: I don't know what's in store for Jamie. His infatuation with his sister has no doubt ended. He'll lead the army against Dany, then what? Does Jamie meet his end at the hands of Cersei?
Tyrion and Varys: Will continue to council Dany and may last for a while. Where's Jorah?
The Red Queen: She told Arya in season two that they would meet again.
Bran: Is Bran the 3rd dragon rider?
Gendry: Still rowing.

I've heard that Tyrion might not be a Lannister, and could be the third dragon rider.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mark my words: Gendry will be the only one left alive at the end of this series with even a semi-legitimate claim to the Iron Throne. All Hail King Gendry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator