Gotta love Gatorade

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
UF will bring in over $250 million in revenue this year from the greatest sports drink ever invented.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Marianna said:
UF will bring in over $250 million in revenue this year from the greatest sports drink ever invented.

Yet our AD still acts like his wallet has been super glued shut when it comes to the facilities and coaching salaries........

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n177467 said:
Yet our AD still acts like his wallet has been super glued shut when it comes to the facilities and coaching salaries........

:rolleyes:

Our numerous National Championships & "Capital One Cups" would tell a differing tale.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
$250 million this year? I thought I read it was $250 million to the school since the drink was invented decades ago. No freaking way it's 250 mil in one year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Continued creative thinking on your part, but Dr. Cade did not work for the UAA.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator812;n177491 said:
:rolleyes:

Our numerous National Championships & "Capital One Cups" would tell a differing tale.

Yeah, I'm mucho impressed with all of our women's soccer and softball trophies :clap:....

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n177495 said:
Yeah, I'm mucho impressed with all of our women's soccer and softball trophies :clap:....

Yeah, my bad. I forgot Foley's title wasn't Athletic Director...

:headslap:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since UF has that Gatorade tie, shouldn't our facilies be able to keep up with the Oregon Ducks who
ain't invented squawk ?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

Yes none of this money goes to the athletic department, so yes we have to pay for everything that our sports costs. To do something else would be foolish. Surely you know the story and the football team only used Gatoraid not invented it.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n177495 said:

Well if you are a Gator you should be. Perhaps you are too young to remember how poor we were in every sport.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n177502 said:
Since UF has that Gatorade tie, shouldn't our facilies be able to keep up with the Oregon Ducks who
ain't invented squawk ?

Gee somehow they invented NIKE which is more valuable.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
oxrageous;n177493 said:
$250 million this year? I thought I read it was $250 million to the school since the drink was invented decades ago. No freaking way it's 250 mil in one year.
@DarrenRovell tweeted it yesterday along with several others Ox. UF will receive $250 million this year alone in royalties from Gatorade. I couldn't believe the $hit myself. That's crazy $$$!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My apology for spouting off about our AD's thriftiness.....Who said you can't learn something on a sports message board. Not being UF alumni and knowing the full story of Gatorade and where it's royalties actually go, medical, I had always assumed they would be heavy contributors to Gator athletics. Perhaps Foley should buddy up to any Pepsi execs who happen to be boosters.....my bad.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
rogdochar;n177502 said:
ain't invented squawk ?
Exactly! We've been pinching pennies and $hit yet we're a top 5 money revenue school,getting mad cash from Gatorade and the SEC network yet were ranked in the bottom 4 of the SEC in facilities. Makes no damn sense!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those in the dark must drink kool aid.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
LagoonGator68;n177494 said:
Continued creative thinking on your part, but Dr. Cade did not work for the UAA.

This. It unfortunately isn't UAA money. Oregon benefits from the fact that Knight can contribute to whatever fund he wishes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n177511 said:
Yes none of this money goes to the athletic department, so yes we have to pay for everything that our sports costs. To do something else would be foolish. Surely you know the story and the football team only used Gatoraid not invented it.

Alex, please don't inject facts into another opportunity for the dipsh*t brigade to bash Foley. Don't you know he has endless amounts of money to make our football team into the New England Patriots? That's his only job and he's failing miserably.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
@DarrenRovell tweeted it yesterday along with several others Ox. UF will receive $250 million this year alone in royalties from Gatorade. I couldn't believe the $hit myself. That's crazy $$$!

if Rovell did that, he couldn't be more wrong. It will hit $250 mil this year, total since the invention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator