Governor Scott has declared UCF as national champions

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Honest to god. I would love for the orlando sentinel to come out with a final poll and award ucf as their national champion. That would be hilarious. You just need one publication to go full bama retard on the situation but if theyre gonna claim it, at least have them number 1 in the home town paper

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Just shows how desperate these second tier schools are looking for relevance. They latch on to these exceptional events as if they actually mattered. UCF, USF, FAU, et. al. will always be second athletically and academically.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

UCF PLEASE CLAIM IT. I think its hilarious and honest to god, do it. This publication just gave them their first small ammo to literally not care what anybody else thinks. Im all for it even though I 100% believe theyd lose 100-0 against bama or georgia

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Honest to god. I would love for the orlando sentinel to come out with a final poll and award ucf as their national champion. That would be hilarious. You just need one publication to go full bama retard on the situation but if theyre gonna claim it, at least have them number 1 in the home town paper

Does the Sentinel do their own poll these days? When I was growing up down there all they published was the AP and UPI (Coaches poll now) polls.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Does the Sentinel do their own poll these days? When I was growing up down there all they published was the AP and UPI (Coaches poll now) polls.
No i dont think so. I was just saying they should just so UCF can claim the Sentinel National Championship

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
That's hysterical.

Want to prove you are not a big time program? give yourself a made up title.

At least the elephants have some real ones to go with their fake ones.
Sounds like tinerc under Butch.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad they are doing this. Put pressure on the league to modify the system into something that makes more sense.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think those undefeated Utah, Boise State, and TCU teams could have beaten anyone. There’s always going to be an argument if there’s an undefeated team that gets left out. I dont mind them creating an argument and hell its probably the only time this will happen so why not

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m 100% on board with this. Fck Bama and the Dwags. They’re playing a meaningless bowl game because UCF ran the table and beat the team that beat both of them!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Auburn beat Georgia at Jordan-Hare when they were on a roll. When the SEC championship was on the line Georgia beat Auburn. UCF beat Auburn when Auburn was deflated after losing the SEC championship. We have seen that happen before after a team loses the SEC Championship Game and thus loses their chance to win the National Championship. The SEC loser has no real incentive to play in what to them is a meaningless bowl game.

For UCF the bowl game against Auburn meant the world. It was their chance to prove they could hang with one of the SEC's top teams. Not taking anything away from UCF. They were a great team and had a magical season. In the end the National Championship playoff still left things somewhat unsettled as to a true National Champion just like it did in the days before the playoff.

I think only one team from a conference should get to go to the playoff. If you don't win your conference championship then you don't go to the playoff. UCF should have been in the four team playoff. Alabama should have been left out of the playoff because they didn't win the conference. Saying that, I think Alabama wins over Georgia and takes home the trophy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know we lost 7 games but can we claim to be national champs too?
Don't be ridiculous. Trailerbammer has never claimed the championship when they had more than three losses and finished higher than 21st in the AP poll.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just shows how desperate these second tier schools are looking for relevance. .
are you talking about Bammer? Because, you know, they're the only ones who actually done the claiming fake championships thing.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
are you talking about Bammer? Because, you know, they're the only ones who actually done the claiming fake championships thing.

If I recall correctly, 6 of their alleged titles are fake news. That still leaves them them a bunch though.

Oh, and don't forget Kentucky. They retroactively gave themselves one.

What the hell. Maybe we SHOULD claim '84.

Alex.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sagarin, New York times, sporting news, and 19 other publications. Tied for 22 with BYU, who got the AP. Why we dont claim it is a mystery to me.
I believe the NCAA said we're not allowed to claim anything from that year, '85, or '90 because of the probation. We used to have "1st in the SEC" in the stadium for those years, and I know we used to claim at least part of the national title in '84 in the media guides, but not anymore.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I believe the NCAA said we're not allowed to claim anything from that year, '85, or '90 because of the probation. We used to have "1st in the SEC" in the stadium for those years, and I know we used to claim at least part of the national title in '84 in the media guides, but not anymore.

I had a tag on my truck that said 85 SEC Champs and someone stole it while I was in Valdosta one day.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dont think any of that has to do with the ncaa. The SEC retroactively voted to strip us of the SEC title, thats not a penalty handed down by the NCAA. They didnt strip us of anything and the NCAA doesnt have their own championship to give for football so they cant take that from us. Its a holier than thou attitude we carry to not claim the title

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.