Governor Scott has declared UCF as national champions

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here we are talking about undefeated UCF and the '84 Florida team that by the end of the season was easily the best in America when we're overlooking the con job Brigham Young did on the voters that year.

UCF would have OWNED and DESTROYED '84 Brigham Young.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I wasn't looking forward to UCF beating Auburn because living here in Orlando I can tell you they are some of the most insufferable fans. However this has turned out better than I hoped. Their salty tears are delicious. The childish whining about fairness is delightful. And the millennial cry for "inclusiveness" makes me quietly snicker behind their backs. Suck it UCF, you went undefeated in the minors and nobody cares.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been telling Dwag fans they’re playing a consolation game next Monday.

You dolts need to get behind this.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
UCF is kinda like Hillary Clinton. She might have won the popular vote, but the Electoral College is what counts.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Pac 12 is a Power 5 conference. I think UCF could've won the Pac 12 this year. Possibly as an undefeated. IDK. Either you go to 8 teams or you break the FCS into two separate divisions. UCF was automatically excluded before the season even started. They scheduled two P5 schools. The P5 sure does schedule a lot of those schools yet they cannot participate. Hell, Urban and Alex Smith...in hindsight...they probably could have hung with anyone that year.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
UCF with its unbeaten record and this thread with the degree of disagreement are proof together that a more inclusive playoff is what the fans want and what they ought to get.

Negative Ghostrider.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Pac 12 is a Power 5 conference. I think UCF could've won the Pac 12 this year. Possibly as an undefeated. IDK. Either you go to 8 teams or you break the FCS into two separate divisions. UCF was automatically excluded before the season even started. They scheduled two P5 schools. The P5 sure does schedule a lot of those schools yet they cannot participate. Hell, Urban and Alex Smith...in hindsight...they probably could have hung with anyone that year.

Just scheduling P5 teams OOC isn’t good enough. UCF’s OOC strength of schedule was ranked even lower than their in-conference - I think I saw it was ranked 92nd.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This is embarrassing. Though if uga pulls it out on Monday, I may get behind it.

What would be awesome is if Frost's agent had insisted on a wildly imaginative performance clause in his UCF contract where winning a NC would get him a $10 million bonus.

Danny White sure as hell wouldn’t be claiming the NC in that situation!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Come on UCF... you're approaching delusiNole levels of misconception. Congrats on the season but lack of a powerhouse gauntlet of competition makes you a nice story for another play-off spot.
:grin:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just scheduling P5 teams OOC isn’t good enough. UCF’s OOC strength of schedule was ranked even lower than their in-conference - I think I saw it was ranked 92nd.

I get that. If there's nothing they can do then let's stop the charade. It's exclusionary. They try to say its not but it is...and that's fine. But don't lie to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator