Governor Scott has declared UCF as national champions

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I get that. If there's nothing they can do then let's stop the charade. It's exclusionary. They try to say its not but it is...and that's fine. But don't lie to everyone.
It's exclusionary. Who the fcvk told you it wasn't? It excludes teams that play shyty competition.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just scheduling P5 teams OOC isn’t good enough. UCF’s OOC strength of schedule was ranked even lower than their in-conference - I think I saw it was ranked 92nd.
In complete and total fairness, they had the Georgia Tech game cancelled because of the hurricane, but I'm not sure that would have improved their OOC schedule much, anyway.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's exclusionary. Who the fcvk told you it wasn't? It excludes teams that play shyty competition.

The committee tells us its not. LOL. Bill Hancock says its not. I really don't care either way but call a spade a spade.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
USATSI_10512024-1-1024x512.jpg

Where am I going next? Disney World !

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve always been one to buy my own trophies, so this is great.

I heard Danny White interviewed yesterday. He was great except when it came to this point. They may not like the system we have but the era of individual media outlets naming champions is long gone. I don’t recall Utah claiming anything more than a great year and shortly that after a spot in the Pac 12. Boise State didn’t not fid TCU.

No one outside of UCF’s zip code will notice or care.

Edit: Full disclosure - two of my sons and their wives are UCF grads and/or students. I am thrilled with their season and wore my new UCF polo on New Year’s Day while enjoying that historic win. But they can’t whine themselves into a national championship no one else will recognize.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I wasn't looking forward to UCF beating Auburn because living here in Orlando I can tell you they are some of the most insufferable fans. However this has turned out better than I hoped. Their salty tears are delicious. The childish whining about fairness is delightful. And the millennial cry for "inclusiveness" makes me quietly snicker behind their backs. Suck it UCF, you went undefeated in the minors and nobody cares.

This reminds me greatly of the "Screwtape Letters" (C.S. Lewis) I'm more than a little worried about you right now threat.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
There are fewer things in sports I’ve seen that are more pathetic than this. Plus, the “O” in Champions looks like an a$$.
Their claim to fame is that they beat a deflated Auburn. That is pretty pathetic. Well, Alabama didn't beat Auburn. But look who is playing for the REAL national championship.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve always been one to buy my own trophies, so this is great.

Hey, we printed our own SEC East "Champion" trophies, so did So Cakalaka a few years ago, and Tiner claimed a Life Championship, why not?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their claim to fame is that they beat a deflated Auburn. That is pretty pathetic. Well, Alabama didn't beat Auburn. But look who is playing for the REAL national championship.
Hopefully this will lead to fixing the playoffs to exclude jokers that couldn't win their OWN conference or even division.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

This post is a walking contradiction.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If I recall correctly, 6 of their alleged titles are fake news. That still leaves them them a bunch though.

Oh, and don't forget Kentucky. They retroactively gave themselves one.

What the hell. Maybe we SHOULD claim '84.

Alex.

Tinerc has a few fake titles as well. If I recall correctly, they have one legit AP title (1950-something) and one BCS trophy.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Their claiming the NC carries about as much weight as Tennessee's Champions of Life Title. UCF is nothing more than Boise State, Utah, and Tulane (who went 12-0 in '98).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UCF knew the rules before the season started and didn't complain, but now that it is all over they complain? You knew the rules, you played by the rules, and you got what the rules told you were going to get with that schedule.. A little late to bitch about it now.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Hey now.. we currently have a team playing for the 'real' championship who not only didn't win their division, but also claims a solid 5-6 of these bull**** championships themselves. if the sister-lovers can do it, why not UCF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.