Grant Fired

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we could get shaka. He's already getting good money and turned down several major head coaching jobs, ucla is one of them

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n193376 said:
Bama isn't a basketball school and never will be. I know people used to say that about Florida, but at least you have talent to draw from in this state. It would take a miracle for Bama to become a great basketball program.
This is interesting because it seems like you are implying that part of the reason bama will never be good is because there is no in-state talent. While I dont have a position either way on that, what I will say is that in a year or two I expect Auburn to be pretty good. Pearl is going to get that team playing ball one way or the another. If they do end up being a pretty good team under pearl what would that mean? The in-state talent thing is either false, or true but inconsequential? The other possibility is that somehow auburn is wholly different from bama from a bball perspective. But would anyone really think that if pearl was successful at auburn, he would fail at bama?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n193586 said:
This is interesting because it seems like you are implying that part of the reason bama will never be good is because there is no in-state talent. While I dont have a position either way on that, what I will say is that in a year or two I expect Auburn to be pretty good. Pearl is going to get that team playing ball one way or the another. If they do end up being a pretty good team under pearl what would that mean? The in-state talent thing is either false, or true but inconsequential? The other possibility is that somehow auburn is wholly different from bama from a bball perspective. But would anyone really think that if pearl was successful at auburn, he would fail at bama?

If Auburn was successful, it was because they had cheated.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You also have to factor in , auburn is only an hour and a half away from atlanta. That's a huge hotbed for basketball talent. It should be easier to win at auburn

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n193590 said:
If Auburn was successful, it was because they had cheated.
If a team is Auburn, therefore they cheated.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

They won't have any kind of sustained success. Bama has had good years here and there, that's what a good recruiting class can do for you in basketball. Sustaining it is a whole different animal, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.