Grantham it is...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, not a huge fan. But he did do a pretty good job at MSU. I guess this falls into the, "Yeah, he's an a$$hole, but he's our a$$hole" category.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
My Dad, my hero that he is, just put me in my place.....after commenting about my disgust for Grantham, he reminded me - "And haven't you tolerated the Cane Randy Shannon for 3 years?"

I will tolerate Grantham, and hope he can make this Gator D elite again. At least repeat the success of the MissSt D - #110 to #10 in the nation in one year.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I'm glad. Shannon had a great run as D Coordinator in Miami years ago, but its not been great here that's for sure.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
3rd and Grantham should be interesting to see. I do like the attacking style he brings, that should be fun.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Its already not ended well. Any change is good change at this point.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't say I am a fan of this one. I know he did well at MSU, but he didn't do great at UGA. UGA fans I know are laughing and excited right now.

Hope I am wrong... hopefully he makes our D nasty again... and hopefully he can get some mean LBs and DTs here.

SirhanSirhan

Banned
BANNED
May 18, 2016
I can't say I am a fan of this one. I know he did well at MSU, but he didn't do great at UGA. UGA fans I know are laughing and excited right now.

Hope I am wrong... hopefully he makes our D nasty again... and hopefully he can get some mean LBs and DTs here.

He's learned and done well since Georgia, better than what we've had so I am game

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Other than one play, one HUGE play, he called an excellent game against the Tide this year.

Look, I was one of the most vociferous Grantham haters when he did the whole choking thing at our kicker when he was at Georgia, but right now we suck hind teat and desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sick to death of putrid football so I'm open to almost anything to turn this thing around......almost.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Want to drop some info here. UF ranked 31st in the nation in total defense. Sounds pretty good and better than we thought. However, when you look at yards per play we drop to 77th.

MSU was ranked 10th in total defense and 39th in yards per play. So they were better than us but we both played a slower brand of football.

Yds per play leaders were:
Wisconsin
Alabama
Washington
Clemson
Ohio St
Auburn
Michigan
Georgia
Northern Illinois
Wyoming

SFL 13th
Miami 14th
FSU 15th
UCF 63rd

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not a fan of his personally, but if he can make Cowbell #10 in Defense there....perhaps he has some upside.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he only had the one bad year at Georgia. Since then his defenses have been pretty good.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't love him for the "choke" with our punter who was kicking a FG, but in reality.... we really got the best of him. Henry made the kick and stared him down...

I think he probably hates us for that more than we hate him.. he was on the losing end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.