Gray accepts offer to become Washington Redskins DB coach

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like Gray and I am sad he is gone, but he took an opportunity to coach in the NFL. Congrats to him. Just need to get another star

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he was obviously a good secondary coach. I can't tell about his recruiting prowess, but I'm glad this happened today and not two weeks ago. The comment by Ferg about the position needing a guy technically adept as well as being a good recruiter is spot on IMO. Don't know much about the guy from South Florida, but McGriff would seem to be a decent target. Given some of the questions surrounding Freeze (sp?) and recruiting improprieties, he may easily be a lateral guy. SEC experience has to be a plus. We'll see what else boils up.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sorry to see him leave, but can't blame a guy for wanting to coach at the highest level. Best of luck to him. Would love for them to bring in a guy who can teach our safeties route recognition, angles and ball skills. Ed Reed was an unbelievable player on all levels and would love his expertise as a DB coach, but have no idea if he has any coaching interest at any level.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeCoachRankings

Sorry again for the use of 247. He was our third best recruiter and ranked 51st overall. Huge loss no matter how you slice it.

So 247 sucks as far as ranking high school prospects and we shouldn't put any stock in what they say but instead pay attention only to Rivals...but when it comes to the ranking of coaches we should follow your lead and use 247??? Makes perfect sense. :bwahaha:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible hire. Shannon already recruits south florida.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So 247 sucks as far as ranking high school prospects and we shouldn't put any stock in what they say but instead pay attention only to Rivals...but when it comes to the ranking of coaches we should follow your lead and use 247??? Makes perfect sense. :bwahaha:

They have some unique features. I don't care what you do. I think they have the only list I could find. Maybe you can read or maybe you can't. The guys that started 247 LEFT Rivals. LOL.

They have to use alternate methodology ranking high schoolers because they aren't allowed to use Rivals method.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Keep trying...funny stuff.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
They have some unique features. I don't care what you do. I think they have the only list I could find. Maybe you can read or maybe you can't. The guys that started 247 LEFT Rivals. LOL.

They have to use alternate methodology ranking high schoolers because they aren't allowed to use Rivals method.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Keep trying...funny stuff.

What does any of that do to change the fact that 247 sucks according to you? They left Rivals but they suck???...or they don't??? You couldn't find any other list...so you use a list from a website that is known for being inaccurate and all around sucking rather than not using a list at all??? Why do you want us to believe a list from a website that is consistently wrong and is known for suckage???
:bwahaha:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What does any of that do to change the fact that 247 sucks according to you? They left Rivals but they suck???...or they don't??? You couldn't find any other list...so you use a list from a website that is known for being inaccurate and all around sucking rather than not using a list at all??? Why do you want us to believe a list from a website that is consistently wrong and is known for suckage???
:bwahaha:

They also track the offers by schools. I used that one as well. Uh oh...you'll probably have another manic laughing attack. Wasn't this explained before? 247 has to use a composite of other sites because they weren't allowed to actually rank kids. Are you saying that because I think their rankings were off I can't use the site at all for other things that aren't subjective like offers and how many commits a recruiter was responsible for?

Or do I just own a permanent spot in your head. SHould I have my mail forwarded there? I own a nice piece of property in your dome. I guess I'll sell. Bad scenery.

Make sure you BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GTFO!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
halfbaked-boo.gif
This gif has never been more appropriate:lol:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Respect for gray, but I feel bad for the new secondary commits. They came to UF assuming Gray would be coaching them for at least 1 season.

I know that's how it is, but that doesn't make it right.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We better not have freakin hired fau's db coach. Mac makes a good hire with gray then replaces him with this?dayum. I hope this aint true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.