Great article on college football fan apathy

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n8324 said:
Agreed. It's financially tough for our family to go, but so far I've convinced everyone to keep the tickets because for me it means so much. It's such a huge part of my life from the time I was little. I can't imagine not being there almost every Saturday, tailgating with our friends, cheering with our "family" in our section, it's just the whole experience that I love way too much to let go of.

Except that annoying old broad that sits behind us.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n8330 said:
Except that annoying old broad that sits behind us.
Yeah, she's annoying as hell...but that's part of the whole "experience". And the Jamaican couple more than make up for her by being totally awesome! You should just be grateful you never had to experience the redneck a$$hole who sat behind us.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I had 8 season tickets for 32 years. UF kept increasing the booster and ticket prices until they ran me out of the stadium. When it reached almost $6,000.00 a year, I decided to go the HDTV route and save my money. I also had 8 Georgia at Jax too. For years I was denied tickets to big away games and bowl games. When I dropped all of the tickets they then offered me the tickets they had denied me for years. I told them that it was a little too late to offer that to me now. I miss going to the games, but not $6000.00 worth.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are going to see prices drop soon. The demand is dropping, but it is not gone.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n8422 said:
I think we are going to see prices drop soon. The demand is dropping, but it is not gone.
I doubt it. Ticket revenue pales in comparison to the revenue generated by TV. With the SEC network, they aren't hurting for money.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I can remember the student section rockin in the mid 90's. In the recent games I've been to that side looked empty.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
There is money to be made even if no one shows.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n8443 said:
I can remember the student section rockin in the mid 90's. In the recent games I've been to that side looked empty.
I remember it rocking in the 80s. Student attendance is a problem everywhere...even at Bama.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
As a student I can vouch that interest in attending games is way down. If you look though, the touchdown terrace was halfway empty even at the Tennessee and Arkansas games last year.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I do think that you could get more non-students to attend with lower prices though. At least I think it would draw more crowds.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They got greedy, and now they are seeing the results,and it's not going good for UFat the moment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jax Gator;n8541 said:
They got greedy, and now they are seeing the results,and it's not going good for UFat the moment.

They got greedy, and Foley got lazy or inattentive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
It's going to get worse, much worse.
Yup. Instead of 30-40 percent empty like last year, we will look like coCaineland this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.