Grier after Callaway TD picture similiarities...

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I have been a big Grier fan, but my concern after yesterday is much of the day he struggled with anything down the field. He gets rid of the ball lightning fast, which is usually a great attribute, but when he has to has to wait just a second to let a pass play develop or throw it long it hoses up his timing. If they roll him a little bit that seems to help giving him time, but it isn't natural to him.

I think he has the tools to get better at this. It wouldn't suprise me if defenses bring in the defensive coverage relatively short and dare him to take the long ball.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Once he gets comfortable in the pocket which depends on the o line, he will be sick. Mark my words

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
L-boy;n286594 said:
I have been a big Grier fan, but my concern after yesterday is much of the day he struggled with anything down the field. He gets rid of the ball lightning fast, which is usually a great attribute, but when he has to has to wait just a second to let a pass play develop or throw it long it hoses up his timing. If they roll him a little bit that seems to help giving him time, but it isn't natural to him.

I think he has the tools to get better at this. It wouldn't suprise me if defenses bring in the defensive coverage relatively short and dare him to take the long ball.

He started his 2nd SEC game of his life. He has all of the tools to be a true leader and he will develop into his roll. With the experience he gets this year, he will be set to lead us to playoff land next year. He will make mistakes but he also will clean them up. We have a good one.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
gatormandan;n286602 said:
He started his 2nd SEC game of his life. He has all of the tools to be a true leader and he will develop into his roll. With the experience he gets this year, he will be set to lead us to playoff land next year. He will make mistakes but he also will clean them up. We have a good one.

I get it. I have been saying the same thing myself. But after watching last night, I think it is going to be a little longer road than I originally thought it would be. I have not gotten too worked up at him trying to force balls - that can be corrected. But his struggling to get the timing right on the intermediate range longer balls was a little more concerning.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
How do you think he is doing in comparison to Driskel? I mean Driskel was touted to be a superstar and we know how that went...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n286661 said:
How do you think he is doing in comparison to Driskel? I mean Driskel was touted to be a superstar and we know how that went...

In all honesty, he's struggled, and had brilliant moments exactly like Driskel was famous for. The biggest difference? Grier has only started 3 games and has time to improve. Driskel never really seemed to mature past the Freshman freak-out under pressure phase. Hopefully Grier will.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
KCgator;n286581 said:
Grier sucks. Calloway is the TRUTH.

ahem, his name is Callaway. Don't worry, I was mis-spelling it too. I won't be mis-spelling it anymore.

He and Powell are absolute warriors. Making D-Rob an afterthought.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
LongTooth;n286664 said:
ahem, his name is Callaway. Don't worry, I was mis-spelling it too. I won't be mis-spelling it anymore.

He and Powell are absolute warriors. Making D-Rob an afterthought.

That afterthought was one of the two clean out receivers that helped break Callaway on the dig. He's also the blocker down field who came back and took out or disrupted, with one devastating block, the 3 UT defenders who had a shot at Antonio.

Callaway was the star with 5 catches for 112 yards and a TD, But Robinson led the team with 6 catches and the spectacular block was a difference maker.

Just saying.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
FatCatG8r;n286672 said:
That afterthought was one of the two clean out receivers that helped break Callaway on the dig. He's also the blocker down field who came back and took out or disrupted, with one devastating block, the 3 UT defenders who had a shot at Antonio.

Callaway was the star with 5 catches for 112 yards and a TD, But Robinson led the team with 6 catches and the spectacular block was a difference maker.

Just saying.

Brandon Powell threw the key block that took out the 3 UT guys.

I'm not bashing D-Rob. he did have a good game, but the two young guys came up with the big plays yesterday and overall seem a bit tougher.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n286662 said:
Originally posted by gatormandan View Post

In all honesty, he's struggled, and had brilliant moments exactly like Driskel was famous for. The biggest difference? Grier has only started 3 games and has time to improve. Driskel never really seemed to mature past the Freshman freak-out under pressure phase. Hopefully Grier will.

To me, Driskel = dear in headlights, Grier = ice water in his veins

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator