Grier immediately eligible

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just to re-point out: UF's plea to the NCAA to just make the suspension 'til the end of the season
(6 games) was strickly denied. Now at WVU Grier plays after a 6-game suspension.?? NCAA looks anti-UF !

Denied at least twice to UF... allowed for UWV.... very anti-UF.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac must not have a lot of pull with the NCAA. That coach at WV has been saying for months he was pretty sure Grier would be cleared to play by the start of the season.

Was our legal and compliance department, not Mac

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac should have picked up the phone and called them instead of that stunt with the ambulance chaser. It seemed to work for Holgorson.

We don't know what Holgorson did, or what their argument was... my guess it had something to do with the one year transfer rule. But this really is a spit in the face to the kid who spent three years fighting because he took a banned cancer drug when he was coming off having fcking cancer and to UF.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They hired Morgan & Morgan if I recall correctly.

Johnny Townsend and his med school brother were Grier's housemates. The Grier's hired the Townsend father who works for Morgan and Morgan to represent Grier's interest.

Too much history is rewritten on this board.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Johnny Townsend and his med school brother were Grier's housemates. The Grier's hired the Townsend father who works for Morgan and Morgan to represent Grier's interest.

Yep it was the ambulance chasers along with a UF lawyer at the appeals etc. but it was still a stupid move on their part. I hope UF tried to tell the Grier's that wasn't a smart move with how the NCAA operates but who knows if they did or not. I am sure the NCAA viewed it as an arrogant move and it made them not about to bend an inch for UF in the situation. Wouldn't be that surprising if it was one of the multiple reasons for Mac not caring if he left or not.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

So, you are agreeing that they hired an ambulance chaser from Morgan and Morgan and yet saying that history was rewritten?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
55200944.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite line from the mac apologists is "of course he'll throw for 4000 yards, its the big12".
You may have not heard, but I'm hardly known as a Butters' apologist.

And yet, Clint Trickett threw for 4000 yards in the Big 12. I heard SAS even threw for 4000 yards and he was a punter/"tight end".

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Grier goes like 7-5 at West Virginia if they don't beat Virginia Tech out of the gate. Maybe 8-4 if they do beat VT.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yep it was the ambulance chasers along with a UF lawyer at the appeals etc. but it was still a stupid move on their part. I hope UF tried to tell the Grier's that wasn't a smart move with how the NCAA operates but who knows if they did or not. I am sure the NCAA viewed it as an arrogant move and it made them not about to bend an inch for UF in the situation. Wouldn't be that surprising if it was one of the multiple reasons for Mac not caring if he left or not.

Who says he did not care, what he would not do is make a promise that would be damaging to our program. Earn your spot is correct for everyone, no giving positions for free.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Too many thought most not good. Good luck to him I guess.

How many games did he lose as a Gator starting QB?

Grier had one real good game against Ole Miss where the play calling believe it or not seemed to have Ole Miss confused (one of the few times Nuss confused anyone) and a minute against Tenn. Grier didn't look good against either Kentucky or Missouri. He wouldn't have prevented the late season losses.

Grier is going to get his 4,000 yards with that new OC there and their coach who loves to sling the ball all over the place and since they won't be allowing Grier to run nearly as much as last year's QB but I don't think he is some great player that is going to take WVU to new heights. Heck I bet they go 8-4 or 7-5 depending on the opening VT result this season. They went 10-2 pre-bowl last season.

Last edited:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Grier had one real good game against Ole Miss where the play calling believe it or not seemed to have Ole Miss confused (one of the few times Nuss confused anyone) and a minute against Tenn. Grier didn't look good against either Kentucky or Missouri. He wouldn't have prevented the late season losses.

Grier is going to get his 4,000 yards with that new OC there and their coach who loves to sling the ball all over the place and since they won't be allowing Grier to run nearly as much as last year's QB but I don't think he is some great player that is going to take WVU to new heights. Heck I bet they go 8-4 or 7-5 depending on the opening VT result this season. They went 10-2 pre-bowl last season.
True. But if he stayed here he might be ready to win this season. Oh well keep your fingers crossed the Gator QB or QB's play smart and clutch this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.