Grier transfers to WVU

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't see a single scenario in which the NCAA would decrease his sitting-out time. Based on what? If they did it would be absolutely outrageous.
The ncaa turning a blind eye to Alabama's player benifit package is outrageous. They couldn't wait to tell UF to suck it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on your view, it's either a wise damage control move or it's typical Grier dumb as hell. Skyler Howard will be gone and there's no heir apparent, at least none that I can see, but he gives up the entire 2016 season versus six games.

How does he get more assurance of starting at West Virginia than he would have at Florida? He doesn't. Total roll of the dice.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My understanding of this is there is NO second appeal for PED suspension, it is one and done.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My understanding of this is there is NO second appeal for PED suspension, it is one and done.
I think this is correct. I suppose they can always ask though, but would be a fruitless effort.

I don't think what they'll be asking is to reduce the suspension for PEDs though, but rather requesting the transfer rule either be shortened, or to taken into account the time he's already missed.
I just don't see how that works though. Sounds more like a line of BS they are feeding the Grier's to appease them, knowing full well it won't happen, and they could just blame the big bad NCAA when it doesnt.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I hope we don't keep dwelling on this.....

Thread title changed and I hoped it meant this thread died and there was a fresh one that would be short lived. I am disappoint.

NCAA hates us. I wouldn't be suprised if they made him eligible immediately.

Headlines = NCAA hates UF. Lifts Grier suspension of 6 mo PED and 12 mo transfer, eligible immediately. UF gets suspensions transferred from Grier, find LDR+Apples+Franks suspended 6 games each effective immediately. In related story, Trask to start first half of season, plans to secure Heisman in that time frame.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No second appeal they are asking that the 6 games be running concurrently with the sit out due to transfer. I haven't read a single person who think it will work.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't cheer for UGAy if they were playing ISIS.
:lol: Probably because you to live in Georgia and are surrounded by the mutts. I on the other hand live in Central Fl. and it seems bandwagon Clown fans outnumber Gator fans about 2 to 1. When their winning it's like someone sprayed ketchup and mustard all over the place...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No second appeal they are asking that the 6 games be running concurrently with the sit out due to transfer. I haven't read a single person who think it will work.
I've heard that other than grad transfers everyone sits one out? At this point I hope they make him sit out an extra year just for asking...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard that other than grad transfers everyone sits one out? At this point I hope they make him sit out an extra year just for asking...

The year is pretty standard except in special situations. They just hope that the 6 games will run at the same time as his year out. Hope is the key word, I don't think anyone thinks it's going to happen.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If WV wins this appeal I hope Florida files a formal complaint. This is BS because if that is the case he is only receiving a 6 game suspension, and technically he could be competing for the starting roll this year. Yes I am a pumper, I like WG, and if was in the cards (like it seems like it might for WV); I would like to have him on our team. He showed a lot of promise last year, and worse case scenario if he can't beat out LDR or Appleby, he would've been a great backup.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maxresdefault.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If WV wins this appeal I hope Florida files a formal complaint. This is BS because if that is the case he is only receiving a 6 game suspension, and technically he could be competing for the starting roll this year. Yes I am a pumper, I like WG, and if was in the cards (like it seems like it might for WV); I would like to have him on our team. He showed a lot of promise last year, and worse case scenario if he can't beat out LDR or Appleby, he would've been a great backup.

He would've beaten both those guys out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He would've beaten both those guys out.
Hands down. Sadly, I don't think either of our guys is on the same level as Grier talent wise.

:sadnanner:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator