Grier vs. Harris....this time, it's personal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n193882 said:
In fairness, "Fill Rear" and "Steve Spermier" are pretty funny too.
Yeah, but any guy is proud of Morningwood, not so much Fill Rear, nttawt.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n194177 said:
Sounds like we might have 2 good QBs this year. We need them both!

Good. They can push each other to get better.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n194177 said:
Sounds like we might have 2 good QBs this year. We need them both!
Let's hope so. Behind them all we have is Morningwood and Jerk-Knob Gay.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n194199 said:
Let's hope so. Behind them all we have is Morningwood and Jerk-Knob Gay.

How dare you make fun of a hard working Gator athlete's name like that.... :burn:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n194174 said:
I noticed that Treon said he had difficulty gripping the ball after he injured his thumb in the SC game and that affected his accuracy later in the season. Looks like all the folks hatin on Treon and his throwing accuracy might have to rethink that point of view.:scratchchin:

Where's T........ :suspect2:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
NavetG8r;n194174 said:
I noticed that Treon said he had difficulty gripping the ball after he injured his thumb in the SC game and that affected his accuracy later in the season. Looks like all the folks hatin on Treon and his throwing accuracy might have to rethink that point of view.:scratchchin:

Or, that TH needs help on finding better excuses.

Grier has a rocket arm with pinpoint precision, though he can get a little loose with the football at times. Winning the job, he said, will come down to things that aren't necessarily physical. Namely, command of the offense and leadership.

"Right now, it’s just learning the offense," Grier said. "Being vocal. This team needs leadership, this team needs a voice, needs identity."

My gosh, I do feel like I'm channeling LOF....help me. I recall last season how the offense would perk up at TH getting on the field - both sides of the ball responded to that QB change - a statement more on TH, or on getting JD off the field, I can't say, but it was undeniable the response the team had when TH went in. There were player quotes of how TH would be calm and collected, never rattled out there - another sign of a leader. So is WG coming in and challenging that leadership? Will we have players torn between which QB they favor, so a non-unified team?

Maybe more accurate is getting JD off the field was the energizer the team used last season, and that TH, while unrattled, is also unvocal and quiet? Maybe WG is a strong vocal leader, but being a redshirt he didn't have a place from which to speak and lead the team but he is seizing it now? Maybe WG and TH are quiet, and JMac is challenging both to step up in this regard. I dunno. I need to shaddup if I think I sound like LOF. I'll blame the cold medicine and how clouded my head is right now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt anything is decided in the Spring. Harris will probably be named the starter about a week before our first game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n194304 said:
I doubt anything is decided in the Spring. Harris will probably be named the starter about a week before our first game.

Being named as starter for the first game doesn't mean anything, the first time it will mater is the first SEC game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n194325 said:
Being named as starter for the first game doesn't mean anything, the first time it will mater is the first SEC game.

I disagree. Most of the time, the QB who starts the first game also starts the first SEC game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n194326 said:
I disagree. Most of the time, the QB who starts the first game also starts the first SEC game.

I think that the staff might know what they have in either until after game action. So the first game will be treated to see what they have. In 90% of seasons, I fully agree with your statement though.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, last season it wasn't Grier's "place" to be the vocal leader, on-field coach. But Grier's Dad was his coach
and so Will could very well be a "bossy" outspoken team leader. What'cha think ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n194335 said:
Remember, last season it wasn't Grier's "place" to be the vocal leader, on-field coach. But Grier's Dad was his coach
and so Will could very well be a "bossy" outspoken team leader. What'cha think ?

Grier or Harris don't come off as the type to be bossy and outspoken to me.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n194326 said:
Unless Macdaddy does a dawgchamp and have Harris take the snap with Grier lined up at receiver...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n194340 said:
Grier or Harris don't come off as the type to be bossy and outspoken to me.

Just saying Grier lived with his HC, had to absorb coaching thinking to apply on the field. Who knows how many of
Grier's record HS passing yards was due to Grier's on-field analysis and "pointing things out" to his players ?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier gets fired up sometimes, but he is not an in your face leader. What he does have is a very likeable personality and charisma that the team will respond to and want to play for. Treon is more of a lead by example type. Whoever wins the job will be accepted by the team I think. One of Driskel's main problems was he only hung out with and talked to a select group of players on the team. I don't see either Grier or Harris having that problem.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How can we say about Grier ? We've seen no HS highlight film of Grier reacting in the huddle ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb