Gruden to UT...

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors out of Knoxville tonight are that UT will hire John Gruden @ around $8 million a year with a staff budget of $5.25 million.

Large support staff?

Supposedly he's already been looking for a house in the area.

Take it for what its worth.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine leaving a cushy 7-figure job to coach in Knoxville? :crazy:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly's agent has started one also, that he's shopping for a house in G-ville, Gruden to the vols, and Kelly here, little Nicky will be retiring soon

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Supposedly, they worked out Butch's exit and it'll happen in the next day or two, maybe as early as tomorrow morning.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tenn looked like boys playing against men today. They looked small and much weaker.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Supposedly, they worked out Butch's exit and it'll happen in the next day or two, maybe as early as tomorrow morning.
Butch ain't going anywhere yet. They already said he'd coach against Kentucky, no matter the outcome of the Bama game.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't mean they won't announce him leaving and him finishing out the year ala Muschamp.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tenn looked like boys playing against men today. They looked small and much weaker.

I think they are quitting. It will probably get ugly. I doubt he finishes the year. I wonder when our guys will finally see through Mac's B.S. and begin to quit on him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would really be surprised if Gruden takes the job. I know he was a graduate assistant at Tennessee and he has been an assistant coach in college, but he has never been a HC at the college level. I truly believe there is a difference between coaching college and pro and you have really focus on recruiting.

Does Gruden really want to spend all this time begging teenagers to play for him when he has won a super bowl?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last time Gruden coached a football team was 9 years ago and he's already passed on UT twice now as well as several other teams who have been interested in him over the years. Leaving his overpaid, stress-free job to be a vol coach makes zero sense and he'd be out of his mind to do that.

This is the third time vol nation has had this rumor, and the longer he is out of coaching, the more ridiculous the rumor is.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I wish they would hire former Vol back-up quarterback and current offensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions Jim Bob Cooter. Think of the fun message boards would have with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.