GSMB is ragging on us

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No idea, none of mine have ever been edited but maybe they just started doing it.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
NVGator;n89524 said:
I sent some PMs over there last night inviting folks here. I carefully disguised this website and the Admins edited my message. WTF?

big%20brother%2002.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If this is true, they have sunk to new lows. However, you guys know how to avoid auto-censors.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are people's email addresses available? I know some hide it, but maybe that's a better way, if available, to reach out to potential recruits.

I haven't been there in a few weeks so I don't really know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have to be editing them on the front end through autocorrect. How Orwellian would that be to edit PMs AFTER they've been sent??!!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I had several comments deleted. I haven't been back in a while. Now that I am back to full strength, I think I'll try to sneak some it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n89604 said:
They have to be editing them on the front end through autocorrect. How Orwellian would that be to edit PMs AFTER they've been sent??!!
I don't think they can do that. And honestly, do you think they'd take the time? They obviously aren't watching that board that closely. The thread that talked about us and got us several new members was up for over two days before they deleted it.

They probably just tweaked their auto-censor system.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n89601 said:
Are people's email addresses available? I know some hide it, but maybe that's a better way, if available, to reach out to potential recruits.

I haven't been there in a few weeks so I don't really know.
No, they aren't available.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can just tell people to google oxrageous and they'll find us in seconds.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n89403 said:
Very true.

I used images from the original series to design my own tricorder, which you can now buy on Amazon. Just don't point it directly at anyone for too long. I won't be responsible for skin or retinal burns.... :)

Well no tricorders, but I pads, cell phones, lasers that are weapons, and the Navy used the bridge design.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n87147 said:
My Gosh, that's a boring looking forum. No wonder I haven't been back.

Functionally speaking, you cannot preview a post before you post it, like you can do here. Not being able to do that over there drives me nuts. The only reason I post there now is to eventually drive my count over 3000. Then I think I'll quit them for good.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n89781 said:
Functionally speaking, you cannot preview a post before you post it, like you can do here. Not being able to do that over there drives me nuts. The only reason I post there now is to eventually drive my count over 3000. Then I think I'll quit them for good.

You can preview your post over there.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n89781 said:

And what, exactly, do you get if you get your post count over 3000 there? A free Subway sammich??

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n89604 said:

Here's what my PM looks like now. Note, I put a space between gator and chatter (which now says sports). Perhaps you are right and only chatter is flagged and auto-corrected to sports.

Not sure if you've seen but a lot of former members from GSMB have moved to gator sports .com. I can't post the actual web address due to restrictions here.

Anyway, you should check it out. It's much like the older times and would love to see you post there.

Your friend,

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do find it hilarious that they now have it that "chatter" auto corrects to "sports". :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.