GSMB shut down AGAIN due to "disruptive posters".....and revived AGAIN

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was so excited and amused at the GSMB flopping again, even using the same recycled "disruptive posters" paragraph, that I didn't double check the proper spelling of the term in that context. It will haunt me to my grave.

As for the GSMB, I beat you. I won. :hahaha:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
parks-and-recreation-andy-gatorade-bath-gatorade-gifs.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the best part of this is the demise of Alvin Dork. Having burned his bridge here, he goes on a rant against me and this site, and pretty much took over the GSMB. He has nowhere else to go. Swamp Gas won't allow his nonsense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They were liars then and they are liars now.

The truth is they don't have two pennies to rub together and couldn't afford the software upgrades or staff to get it done.

I'm not even sure if they have paid staff left. It's seems like it's the two drunks and a bunch of interns.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They were liars then and they are liars now.

The truth is they don't have two pennies to rub together and couldn't afford the software upgrades or staff to get it done.

I'm not even sure if they have paid staff left. It's seems like it's the two drunks and a bunch of interns.
But see, that's what makes no sense. That forum was income-producing.....it brought in more money in ad revenue than it cost to maintain it. It makes no sense to shut it down. All they had to do was let volunteer mods run the place. How can a newspaper with no money just throw away an income stream? They are truly one of the poorest run establishments I've ever seen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They need their interns doing something else, I guess.

Who knows? They are stuck in the past, wondering why no one will pay for a paper that prints AP stories we all read a day and a half ago. Do you think they even understand the internet or how to make money off it? Obviously not because all the Gannett papers are doing the same thing, attempting to get me to pay after x number of views. The funny thing is I can get the wire stories anywhere and get my current news off the website for the TV station, which doesn't wait 24 hours to update.

Drunken dinosaurs and clueless interns.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
May that place stay buried in the same grave our offense from the second half of last year is in.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I say everyone here should make a donation to GC in honor of GSMB forum demise. I will go first...

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
They need their interns doing something else, I guess.

Who knows? They are stuck in the past, wondering why no one will pay for a paper that prints AP stories we all read a day and a half ago. Do you think they even understand the internet or how to make money off it? Obviously not because all the Gannett papers are doing the same thing, attempting to get me to pay after x number of views. The funny thing is I can get the wire stories anywhere and get my current news off the website for the TV station, which doesn't wait 24 hours to update.

Drunken dinosaurs and clueless interns.

Pat always gives recommendations from his iPod. Wait til he learns they make iPhones. Dude is gunna trip.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SwampGas is pure pussified political correctness. Never question anything Gator, ever.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was so excited and amused at the GSMB flopping again, even using the same recycled "disruptive posters" paragraph, that I didn't double check the proper spelling of the term in that context. It will haunt me to my grave.

Further proof of the dangerousness of breathing automobile dip solvents in an enclosed area. Californication laws of carcinogens should give pause to reasonable men.

Your grave may be closer than you think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Further proof of the dangerousness of breathing automobile dip solvents in an enclosed area. Californication laws of carcinogens should give pause to reasonable men.

Your grave may be closer than you think.
I wore a respirator.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
But see, that's what makes no sense. That forum was income-producing.....it brought in more money in ad revenue than it cost to maintain it. It makes no sense to shut it down. All they had to do was let volunteer mods run the place. How can a newspaper with no money just throw away an income stream? They are truly one of the poorest run establishments I've ever seen.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to our Federal Government.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I predict, they will open it up again...... OX is right, it is an income stream and some Bean Counter will recognize that.

Doesn't matter in the long run, they've burnt too many bridges in the past. A whole generation of posters will have to die off before the memory of how they treated Our Fans is forgotten.

Let's raise a Toast to the winner, OX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator