itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
Born2beagator;n43833 said:
I just thought it would be fun to laugh at the idiots who shut that board down. Their game thread had a whopping 3 posts and 151 views.

That is absolutely hilarious...and well deserved...
Humiliating to be honest.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's like getting a text from your last gf who put your stuff outside and changed the locks without warning. Now she wants to make nice but you have someone else. And you realize it wasn't that good, anyway. (No, Ox, you're not the new gf. It's just an analogy.)

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
aka said:
It's like getting a text from your last gf who put your stuff outside and changed the locks without warning. Now she wants to make nice but you have someone else. And you realize it wasn't that good, anyway. (No, Ox, you're not the new gf. It's just an analogy.)
Oh, please, we all know Ox is everyone's new g.f.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n44079 said:

I still think he's the new gf

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n43925 said:
Even with the state of the board over there, I thought they'd have a game thread after emailing thousands of members trumpeting their return. 3 posts? That's hard to believe.
Pretty sure if Alvie opened a forum, there would be more than 3 posts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
aka said:
Ox looks hot in a skirt.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Law, I have been touting the same meme all day - and I believe it to be true. The corporate overlords told the staff members that they were suddenly going to be responsible for the message (read as: more work). They don't want more work. They just want to punch in and punch out. The only joy they have in their little existence is to be staffers at the sports page at the GS. But, when they were told they had to monitor a forum, they checked out. They'll delete a post sooner than moderate it.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
aka said:
Ox is the same ol girlfriend, just wearing a leather miniskirt now instead of a sundress....

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't even checked on it. Was a member since '99. I also haven't even been to the regular news site either since they shut it down. They got bad advice from someone

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
HogtownGator said:
This is a true transcript of a meeting that happened last Monday at the Sun offices in Gainesville. I can't disclose my source, but it is really, really real.

Date: Monday 9/1/2014

Agenda Item: Message Board

Present : Gator Sports staff writers, interns, IT personnel, and Halifax marketing & advertising team (HM).
Meeting was called to order at 2:14 pm

HM: As many of you know, we killed the GSMB under the pretense of “disruptive posters” in early June. Our corporate overlords demanded that we produce more click through traffic. The corporate overlords have installed a new system, killing old hamster PHPbb and replacing him with NewResponsiveBB. We regret the tragic death of the old hamster. The launch of the new message board begins a new era at Gator Sports.com. The biggest change for all of you is this: From now on the GSMB will have oversight by staff members. One of you will be the administrator and the rest of you will be moderators.

Intern 1: We don’t want to be moderators. It sucks, and everyone will hate us.

HM: But we have made you moderators 'anonymous'. No one can hate you.

Intern 2: But what if I don’t want to engage traffic and build relationships. I’m just a ****ing retard working for the G.S.

HM: Welcome aboard.

Staff Member 1: Do we get overtime for this?

HM: No.

Staff Member 2: I feel like you’re piling a lot on us.

HM: Too f’ing bad. The days of volunteer moderators at Gator Sports Message Board is gone. We need a tighter ship. The sign-up sheet will be posted in the lunch room.

Intern 2: Can we still go to the football games?

HM: Of course! Moderating a message is a part-time, minor part of your day. It need not impinge on the actual enjoyment of Gator sports as a fan.

Intern 1: Can we “check out” of moderating duties if the Gators are playing an away game?

HM: Sure! Moderating a message board is a few minutes a day; you’ll hardly notice the increase in your workload.

Staff Member 1: But what happens if I truly want to engage the Gator fan family and produce a message board with content worthy of them?

HM: :lightningstrike:
Exactly, law. I'm just trying to educate people that they should not be surprised that GSMB is a dead zone and to illuminate the fact that we have a proven,
caring comrade in Ox,

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka said:
He does keep telling us he loves us...:scratchchin:

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
BNAG8R;n44135 said:
Now it has 4 posts

lulz....

18516-the-simpsons-abe-simpson-walks-in-and-out.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online