Guanajuato, MX

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Took a trip to this incredible town in Mexico that dates back to the mid-1500s. An old mining town built missionary-style into a rugged valley well before cars and trucks. All the original streets and alleys are incompatible with wheeled transportation, so a vast series of tunnels were carved into the rock underneath. Made day trips to Cristo Rey (giant Jesus statue on a nearby mountaintop) and San Miguel de Allende. I found San Miguel to be very touristy with lots of expat Canadians and Americans everywhere, while Guanajuato was much more authentic. Anyway, here are a few sights and sounds from the trip.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Took a trip to this incredible town in Mexico that dates back to the mid-1500s. An old mining town built missionary-style into a rugged valley well before cars and trucks. All the original streets and alleys are incompatible with wheeled transportation, so a vast series of tunnels were carved into the rock underneath. Made day trips to Cristo Rey (giant Jesus statue on a nearby mountaintop) and San Miguel de Allende. I found San Miguel to be very touristy with lots of expat Canadians and Americans everywhere, while Guanajuato was much more authentic. Anyway, here are a few sights and sounds from the trip.

That had to be a blast.

Btw- Does the town name have anything to do with bat droppings?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As always thanks for sharing, Zambo. Looks like you had a blast.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the town is named after bat poop.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yes, the town is named after bat poop.

Female bat poop - ?
(Guana)

“The name Guanajuato comes from Purépechakuanhasï juáta (or in older orthography "quanax huato"), which means "frog hill".

I have a crap ton of co-workers who live just west of there in Jalisco.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cool video - I had to google the town to see where it was located in Mexico (did ya'll fly into Mexico City?). I'd likely never go to a place like that, because if I was going to Mexico I'd want to surf. Also, I'm gonna give you a pass on the thread title....just this once!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stopped reading at “missionary-style.” Sorta figured the rest out by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.