Halloween Turnout

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Hardly any trick or treaters this year, got a bunch of left over candy. Diabetes here I come.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We usually have around 150 kids. This year it started off slower than normal and wound up with slightly less I'm guessing, although many this year seemed to come into he neighborhood from a couple of nearby apartment communities, not that I mind. I really enjoy Halloween, I especially like seeing the kids maybe 5 and under in their costumes. There were a lot more girls tonight than boys and The Princess costume seemed to be the favorite. My favorite tonight was a pair of brothers, Batman who was 6 and his little brother The Joker who was 2. His parents painted him up and they both put on a show for Momma who I called outside to make over them. I usually sit on the front porch with a paper bag on my head and try to get them to do some kind of trick or sing a song, tonight I had a candlestick burning for atmosphere. I loved Halloween as a kid.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I beat the crap out of someone in a clown mask.

Actually, we always have fun. All of our friends get together and I take the kids around in the back of my trailer. I have an inverter going, so I decorate it with all sorts of cool Halloween lights and decorations. The other parents bring a cooler of refreshments and have a good time. It's actually a little nerve wrecking for me as the driver, but I take one for the team and watch all the smiles on their faces.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I started off as usual by placing the "Trick or Treaters will be shot" next to the No Trespassing sign at the end of the driveway. Turned off the lights, jumped into my Shelby and began burning rubber, power sliding and drifting through the neighborhood on my way to the store...of course I kept my speed under 65 because we do live on a narrow, twisting and curvy 2 lane road with no sidewalks and I would never want to damage anyone's property by taking out their mail box or leaving tire marks in their grass or damaging any shrubs.... Anyway after slamming down most of the 12 pack of Bud Lights as I drove back to the house I was royally pissed to see a small crowd gathered at the front gate like they were waiting to get in......Then it dawned on me that I live in Orlando and I forgot to put up the other signs that are written in Spanish....:lmao2:
Yeah, for some reason or another we just don't see many trick or treaters around anymore......

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started off as usual by placing the "Trick or Treaters will be shot" next to the No Trespassing sign at the end of the driveway. Turned off the lights, jumped into my Shelby and began burning rubber, power sliding and drifting through the neighborhood on my way to the store...of course I kept my speed under 65 because we do live on a narrow, twisting and curvy 2 lane road with no sidewalks and I would never want to damage anyone's property by taking out their mail box or leaving tire marks in their grass or damaging any shrubs.... Anyway after slamming down most of the 12 pack of Bud Lights as I drove back to the house I was royally pissed to see a small crowd gathered at the front gate like they were waiting to get in......Then it dawned on me that I live in Orlando and I forgot to put up the other signs that are written in Spanish....:lmao2:
Yeah, for some reason or another we just don't see many trick or treaters around anymore......

upload_2016-11-1_13-43-13.jpeg
images
images
upload_2016-11-1_13-46-50.jpeg

Just so you won't forget what the Trick-or-Treaters look like!

*BTW that's Sas and SQ in the first two pix. First was a first date photo taken at Coach's Halloween Block Party and the second was last night at the Ybor City Pentecostal Church Married Couples "Trunk-or-Treat." Keep rockin' you crazy kids!

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The wife and I used to love Halloween as well. The first house we bought when we were young married was on a park and we'd have 200-300 Trick-or-Treaters each year. We'd buy a ton of candy and sit out on the front porch with Chief, our lab, and enjoy the bedlam. Our next door neighbors, both my parents age, would have us and a few other neighbors over after 9:00 pm when the Trick-or-Treating shut down for some refreshments. One Halloween, the lights had been off for about 30 minutes, but the kids kept coming to the door. Our neighbor, who was a card-carrying Cajun from LA, and loved this holiday, would answer the door, tell the kids to wait a minute, then go back to the kitchen and return with something to put in their bags. After this went on a while, his wife said she didn't know what he was giving them because they had run out of candy an hour or so back. When the next kids came, she caught him at the door to see what he was putting in the bags. She found that he was giving them packets of Sweet & Low and Halls Mentho Lyptus cough drops! When she got on him, his explanation was that he hated not to give the kids anything and that was all he could find! Of course, he'd been drinking for a while, so it all made sense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had roughly 170-180 kids come by, we were turning away kids by the end of the night. We usually have about 180-240 full sized candy bars, and I take the day off to fix the front lawn. We thought after a slow year last year (Saturday) it would be slower, so got less candy bars. We have a few thousand in Halloween animatronics and the kids from the surrounding neighborhoods love coming to our neighborhood, a few house go all out.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We leave the house and go to a friends who has a daughter same age as our boy and go trick-or-treating in their neighborhood (they have a great neighborhood for it). We haven't stayed home for years - it's kinda nice.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We leave the house and go to a friends who has a daughter same age as our boy and go trick-or-treating in their neighborhood (they have a great neighborhood for it). We haven't stayed home for years - it's kinda nice.

Aren't you and your wife supposed to alternate trick or treating duties so the other can stay home and give out candy to the kids coming by the house? Sounds like you're shirking your duties. Or too high to give up the munchies?:scratchchin:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't you and your wife supposed to alternate trick or treating duties so the other can stay home and give out candy to the kids coming by the house? Sounds like you're shirking your duties. Or too high to give up the munchies?:scratchchin:
We would likely only get about 10 or so kids in our neighborhood - it's not the greatest for trick-or-treating (no sidewalks and not many kids in the area). The wife stays at our friends house to pass out candy, while the dads grab a couple of beers and take the kids around the neighborhood so they can get their candy. I get all the boy's peanut related stuff afterwards as he's allergic. :yum: :bandit:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We would likely only get about 10 or so kids in our neighborhood - it's not the greatest for trick-or-treating (no sidewalks and not many kids in the area). The wife stays at our friends house to pass out candy, while the dads grab a couple of beers and take the kids around the neighborhood so they can get their candy. I get all the boy's peanut related stuff afterwards as he's allergic. :yum: :bandit:

We haven't had any kids come by here in ages. We don't even bother buying candy because neither of us wants or needs it. Mom is bad bad bad diabetic, and I'm trying to not get fat again.:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't had any kids come by here in ages. We don't even bother buying candy because neither of us wants or needs it. Mom is bad bad bad diabetic, and I'm trying to not get fat again.:lol:
Truth be told I ate one piece of candy last night - a small Reese's cup. I had my annual physical this morning and didn't want to have my blood all jacked up with sugar when I'm supposed to be on a low carb/low sugar diet. ;)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Truth be told I ate one piece of candy last night - a small Reese's cup. I had my annual physical this morning and didn't want to have my blood all jacked up with sugar when I'm supposed to be on a low carb/low sugar diet. ;)

Well, if it's any consolation, I've heard cannabis use can prevent the development of type 2 diabetes in some people. So you got that working for ya. :)

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I turned the porch lights off and sat on the couch drinking wine and watching TV. It was lovely.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I live in an apartment building - bought three bags of candy and put the sign on my door indicating Trick or Treaters are Welcome.

Had a cow and Capt America stop by - and three bags of candy left to eat.
Which is exactly why I bought the kind of candy I like :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator