Birthday Happy Birthday Durty South Swamp!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Happy belated birthday. Hope the tournament is going well. If you need a quick escape/break from everyone, then I recommend the Irish pub on the corner of Goodman and Malone. It's maybe 5 minutes from the ball fields.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks everyone. Birthday was great despite the gator loss. Watched my son play some excellent ball.

We made it out of pool play despite getting a very unfortunate draw against the overall 1 seed in the tournament in game 2. Kids battled but were no match for the MS state champs. Their 1-5 hitters hit home runs. In 8U ball. I've never seen that before. Ever. Ive also never seen 8 year olds that can look me in the eye (I'm 6') but I'll leave that for the organization to deal with. We made it thru pool play and double elimination but got eliminated first game of single elim. It was our 2nd game that day, and the team we faced was playing their first. Was record breaking hot and after that first game the kids didn't have a lot left in the tank. Despite that they battled hard against another very good team. Was tied in bottom of the last inning but they beat us to the plate on a run from 3rd by a couple inches to win it. So we pack up this morning and make the long trek home.

Very proud of the boys. They played really well the whole way and walk away with a winning record despite playing 2 nationally ranked teams. My son will take a break for a few days and then its time for off season development. I had numerous parents, players and opposing coaches speak to my wife and I about how impressed they were with my sons play. Very proud of him, he gives it everything he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.