Happy Birthday TallyGator

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday Tally. It's also my anniversary.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy birthday Tally. And congrats 812!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday TallyGator. :banana:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday Tally, and congratz 812!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tally will be too drunk today to show up here! Happy Bday!

:drunk:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n17247 said:
Best wishes to all. How long have you guys been married?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you all...hoping for a pleasant day and a visit from my granddaughter this evening. I made it to 56 years old and the wife and I had our 25th wedding anniversary last month. Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n17430 said:
Thank you all...hoping for a pleasant day and a visit from my granddaughter this evening. I made it to 56 years old and the wife and I had our 25th wedding anniversary last month. Go Gators!
Happy BDay and congrats!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday Tallywacker.
images

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n17247 said:

For your anniversary 812

from William Manchester's "Winston Churchill: The Last Lion":

THE French had collapsed. The Dutch had been overwhelmed. The Belgians had surrendered. The British army, trapped, fought free and fell back toward the Channel ports, converging on a fishing town whose name was then spelled Dunkerque.

Behind them lay the sea.

It was England’s greatest crisis since the Norman conquest, vaster than those precipitated by Philip II’s Spanish Armada, Louis XIV’s triumphant armies, or Napoleon’s invasion barges massed at Boulogne. This time Britain stood alone……

. Now the 220,000 Tommies at Dunkirk, Britain’s only hope, seemed doomed. On the Flanders beaches they stood around in angular, existential attitudes, like dim purgatorial souls awaiting disposition. There appeared to be no way to bring more than a handful of them home. The Royal Navy’s vessels were inadequate.

King George VI has been told that they would be lucky to save 17,000. The House of Commons was warned to prepare for “hard and heavy tidings.”

Then, from the streams and estuaries of Kent and Dover, a strange fleet appeared: trawlers and tugs, scows and fishing sloops, lifeboats and pleasure craft, smacks and coasters; the island ferry Grade Fields; Tom Sopwith’s America’s Cup challenger Endeavour; even the London fire brigade’s fire-float Massey Shaw — all of them manned by civilian volunteers:

English fathers, sailing to rescue England’s exhausted, bleeding sons.

Even today what followed seems miraculous. Not only were Britain’s soldiers delivered; so were French support troops: a total of 338,682 men.............

The men and women of Britain heard the call from Dover Castle
By the night of the 27th a great tide of small vessels began to flow towards the sea, first to our Channel ports, and thence to the beaches of Dunkirk and the beloved Army. . .Everyone who had a boat of any kind, steam or sail, put out for Dunkirk. . . (Churchill, The Second World War).
The little boats defied the incessant German air bombardment, while high above, Fighter Command fought German fighter and bomber squadrons. Guarding the bridgehead, several thousand British and French troops fought on to hold the perimeter so their comrades could be rescued to live and fight again. By June 4th, when Operation Dynamo ended, 338,682 British and Allied troops had been landed in Britain. It was a tremendous united effort.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n17364 said:
Tally will be too drunk today to show up here! Happy Bday!

:drunk:

Just starting to tailgate prior to my steak dinner and family gathering. If not for work, you would have been right! And Happy Anniversary 812...another year married is an accomplishment...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
ufgator812;n17247 said:

For your anniversary 812

from William Manchester's "Winston Churchill: The Last Lion":

THE French had collapsed. The Dutch had been overwhelmed. The Belgians had surrendered. The British army, trapped, fought free and fell back toward the Channel ports, converging on a fishing town whose name was then spelled Dunkerque.

Behind them lay the sea.

It was England’s greatest crisis since the Norman conquest, vaster than those precipitated by Philip II’s Spanish Armada, Louis XIV’s triumphant armies, or Napoleon’s invasion barges massed at Boulogne. This time Britain stood alone……

. Now the 220,000 Tommies at Dunkirk, Britain’s only hope, seemed doomed. On the Flanders beaches they stood around in angular, existential attitudes, like dim purgatorial souls awaiting disposition. There appeared to be no way to bring more than a handful of them home. The Royal Navy’s vessels were inadequate.

King George VI has been told that they would be lucky to save 17,000. The House of Commons was warned to prepare for “hard and heavy tidings.”

Then, from the streams and estuaries of Kent and Dover, a strange fleet appeared: trawlers and tugs, scows and fishing sloops, lifeboats and pleasure craft, smacks and coasters; the island ferry Grade Fields; Tom Sopwith’s America’s Cup challenger Endeavour; even the London fire brigade’s fire-float Massey Shaw — all of them manned by civilian volunteers:

English fathers, sailing to rescue England’s exhausted, bleeding sons.

Even today what followed seems miraculous. Not only were Britain’s soldiers delivered; so were French support troops: a total of 338,682 men.............

The men and women of Britain heard the call from Dover Castle
By the night of the 27th a great tide of small vessels began to flow towards the sea, first to our Channel ports, and thence to the beaches of Dunkirk and the beloved Army. . .Everyone who had a boat of any kind, steam or sail, put out for Dunkirk. . . (Churchill, The Second World War).
The little boats defied the incessant German air bombardment, while high above, Fighter Command fought German fighter and bomber squadrons. Guarding the bridgehead, several thousand British and French troops fought on to hold the perimeter so their comrades could be rescued to live and fight again. By June 4th, when Operation Dynamo ended, 338,682 British and Allied troops had been landed in Britain. It was a tremendous united effort.
That book is in my collection. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.