Happy Birthday US Marine Corps

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My dad was with the 1st Marines Division in Okinawa in WWII. Some badass hand-to-hand combat there.

Happy Birthday to all Marines.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I went through Field Med School at Camp Pendleton in 1990. It was always an honor when a Marine called me "Doc".

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
My dad was with the 1st Marines Division in Okinawa in WWII. Some badass hand-to-hand combat there.

Happy Birthday to all Marines.

Was stationed in Oki for a spell while I "took a knee" from the tactical side. Learned a lot about the battle for Oki ... tough fight, very tough fight. All the old Okinawans love American soldiers because they remember how horrible the Japanese soldiers were to them. They felt 'liberated' by the US once they realized we were nothing like what the Japanese said we would be like. Many Okinawan citizens jumped off cliffs (with their children in arm) to commit suicide instead of becoming an American prisoner because of the fear that was spread about us. Really really sad **** went down on the island.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was stationed in Oki for a spell while I "took a knee" from the tactical side. Learned a lot about the battle for Oki ... tough fight, very tough fight. All the old Okinawans love American soldiers because they remember how horrible the Japanese soldiers were to them. They felt 'liberated' by the US once they realized we were nothing like what the Japanese said we would be like. Many Okinawan citizens jumped off cliffs (with their children in arm) to commit suicide instead of becoming an American prisoner because of the fear that was spread about us. Really really sad **** went down on the island.

The old man took a Jap slug to the gut. He lay there bleeding to death. The ranking officer said leave him there, he's going to die. His buddies defied orders and carried him to safety.

You can try putting something like this in words, but it comes nowhere close to what actually took place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator