Happy Father's Day, Gatorchatter!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Just want to wish all the father's on this board a Happy Father's Day. It's a very hard day this year for me. Being only 32 years of age and not having my father around anymore is tough on this day. This will be my 5th one without my dad but the real bummer is knowing I should be a father myself right now. My wife and i were supposed to give birth to twins in May but lost both during the 1st trimester. Then lost another a few months ago in the 1st trimester so it's a bad day for me but I wish all the dads a great day.

Cherish the moments you have with you're kids and don't take it for granted because their are people out there who would love to be in youre position tomorrow and can't be. All I've ever wanted was to be able to be a dad and raise my kids the way I was... As a Gator! I'm most likely never gonna get that chance because of my situation so just be thankful to be a dad and to have a day just for you.

A gator win tomorrow would be a nice pick me up for such a gloomy day. Go Gators!!!

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Just want to wish all the father's on this board a Happy Father's Day. It's a very hard day this year for me. Being only 32 years of age and not having my father around anymore is tough on this day. This will be my 5th one without my dad but the real bummer is knowing I should be a father myself right now. My wife and i were supposed to give birth to twins in May but lost both during the 1st trimester. Then lost another a few months ago in the 1st trimester so it's a bad day for me but I wish all the dads a great day.

Cherish the moments you have with you're kids and don't take it for granted because their are people out there who would love to be in youre position tomorrow and can't be. All I've ever wanted was to be able to be a dad and raise my kids the way I was... As a Gator! I'm most likely never gonna get that chance because of my situation so just be thankful to be a dad and to have a day just for you.

A gator win tomorrow would be a nice pick me up for such a gloomy day. Go Gators!!!
Sounds like you’d be a great dad. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Wise counsel and a sobering witness.

We suffered several miscarriages before and between our 4 children. Don’t give up. You have a true father’s heart. That is a precious and dwindling gift.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ditto to what has already been said. So sorry to hear about your heartache. A couple of thoughts...

1. I’ve met an older couple here and there who had no kids of their own, but made a big impact on kids a round them who referred to them as “mom” and “dad.” And they weren’t just being nice - the kids greatly respected and appreciated them.

2. Have you and your wife considered adoption? I know that might sound like a practical and insensitive suggestion, but there are children who need a home and most adoptive parents will tell you “don’t you dare suggest he/she is NOT my child.” The bond is apparently as strong as any biological relationship when you invest your time, energy and love into raising a child.

But I would also suggest you and your wife keep trying!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm guessing you are a Kevin. My brother was named Kevin and passed young at 42 and so I named my son Kevin, now 14. My daughter turns 34 today so you would be young enough to be my son. You sound like a really great guy who would be a wonderful father. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have lost my dad at such a young age. My dad passed last year when I was 62. I sometimes I forget how lucky I was in that respect. Like another poster mentioned there are so many kids walking around dying for an adult to give them guidance or a shoulder to lean on or taken to a gator game or fishing or camping. Being a teacher for 2/3 of my life I had that opportunity at times to do all of those things. I will pray for you and your wife. I have found in my short 63 years that time is the great game changer and what appears bad today can be wonderful tomorrow. Peace my gator friend..............

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Kev

First of all don't give up. There are so many options out there that I myself have begun to explore since biology is not working for us on a chance at child number 2. Some may seem financially out of reach but keep looking because they are there. I have many friends that have adopted over the years and children of all ages and their bond is just as strong as those that are biological. It sounds to me you guys are meant to be parents and where there is a will there is a way.

Happy Father’s Day to the rest of you delinquents as well. Hopefully your gifts didn’t come from those tables labels great gift ideas for dad. I missed all the commercials this year for the stuff equivalent to jewelry.

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Praying you get to share your passion to be a dad openly and often, Kev.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you dads!
Here's a pic of me and my dad at my retirement ceremony in '14. It was his last trip outside of the state of Florida.
10704056_10204598428856648_6774076384401214162_n.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thoughts to Kev and all the Gatorchatter dads. HFD!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
43_BD3630-5_B68-4327-87_B8-5_B30_D9_A79746.png

We’ll be on the lake all day. Hope everyone enjoys the day.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
43_BD3630-5_B68-4327-87_B8-5_B30_D9_A79746.png

We’ll be on the lake all day. Hope everyone enjoys the day.
That tow line appears to be coming from a very high angle. I bring it up because I've been contemplating towing from the back of a jet ski, which is obviously at a lower angle.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Thank you all for the kind words. We are in a battle right now trying to figure out what to do. We've already spent 30k trying IVF and like I said before it failed twice. Were not sure if it was just bad eggs or something with my wife. We dont mind the idea of adoption but we really want to adopt a newborn and it's very pricey as well. We dont know what to do, try ivf again in hopes of getting a few of our own or adapt which is a sure thing.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Enjoy the time you have with your kids. They grow up fast.

And to kev...keep the faith. Sometimes we go through trying times to come out winners at the end.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My heart goes out to you kev. I echo the thoughts of many here.

My dad died a year ago today. I miss him. If you are a father, be a good one. If you are blessed enough to still have your father, then cherish the time you'll have with him.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That tow line appears to be coming from a very high angle. I bring it up because I've been contemplating towing from the back of a jet ski, which is obviously at a lower angle.

Neah, optical illusion from the camera angle. It’s a friends little Yamaha jet boat, so standard boom for a wakeboard.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Took the boy fishing at the north end of lake Washington to use his new full size rod and reel. After getting him set up, I decided to just kick back in my new camping chair and have a beer while I put a lure on his old 3’ Dock Demon. Caught a tiny small mouth on my first cast. To recap, the cold beer was good and seaweed was the only other thing that tugged at our lines. Followed that with chicken and waffles at brunch that made for a good Father’s Day, though the boy was a bit disappointed. A gator victory tonight would be icing on the cake, for me anyway.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Happy (post) father's day to all.

===============

For mine, I got to sleep in...sort of...and that is generally my biggest request. Wife and son made family breakfast, we ate on the couch while watching world cup soccer. Then a casual day of running errands, with the main point being to find me a tool box (haven't had one in 20yrs and it started bugging me lately). So after a $70 dinner for four at Olive Garden, I got home and put all my tools away in my toolbox.

The $10 toolbox is probably the best gift I've gotten in my 12yrs of being a dad, and I really like it. Read into that whatever you wish.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy (post) father's day to all.

===============

For mine, I got to sleep in...sort of...and that is generally my biggest request. Wife and son made family breakfast, we ate on the couch while watching world cup soccer. Then a casual day of running errands, with the main point being to find me a tool box (haven't had one in 20yrs and it started bugging me lately). So after a $70 dinner for four at Olive Garden, I got home and put all my tools away in my toolbox.

The $10 toolbox is probably the best gift I've gotten in my 12yrs of being a dad, and I really like it. Read into that whatever you wish.

I got that new cheese grater I’ve been asking for!
:stars:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator