Happy Father's Day, Gatorchatter!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kev as far as adoption goes, I would suggest you don't focus on a new born. There are plenty of kids as young as 6 months, that could really use a stable/loving home that are currently caught up in the state system because of unfit parents. It's a long adoption process if you choose to go that route, but it is beyond worth it. You have to be willing to look at the schit stains of society to give a kid a loving home.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
35628474_10156116333295465_1804248574876188672_n.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just want to wish all the father's on this board a Happy Father's Day. It's a very hard day this year for me. Being only 32 years of age and not having my father around anymore is tough on this day. This will be my 5th one without my dad but the real bummer is knowing I should be a father myself right now. My wife and i were supposed to give birth to twins in May but lost both during the 1st trimester. Then lost another a few months ago in the 1st trimester so it's a bad day for me but I wish all the dads a great day.

Cherish the moments you have with you're kids and don't take it for granted because their are people out there who would love to be in youre position tomorrow and can't be. All I've ever wanted was to be able to be a dad and raise my kids the way I was... As a Gator! I'm most likely never gonna get that chance because of my situation so just be thankful to be a dad and to have a day just for you.

A gator win tomorrow would be a nice pick me up for such a gloomy day. Go Gators!!!
Hey Kev, hang in there brother. I've been through six miscarriages, two failed surrogacies and a fall-through adoption in my life. I'm fortunate to have two beautiful children out of all that and I couldn't take them for granted if I tried. My unsolicited advice to you would be for you to find someone to talk to. The focus during these trying times tends to be the hopeful mother. The hopeful father is expected to be a pillar or support. So much is expected of you and so little support is given. Seek some counseling, you are going through a grieving process right now and it's important to recognize that. If you need someone to discuss this with, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm very sorry for your loss and good luck to you, I have no doubt you will be an amazing father.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Kev, hang in there brother. I've been through six miscarriages, two failed surrogacies and a fall-through adoption in my life. I'm fortunate to have two beautiful children out of all that and I couldn't take them for granted if I tried. My unsolicited advice to you would be for you to find someone to talk to. The focus during these trying times tends to be the hopeful mother. The hopeful father is expected to be a pillar or support. So much is expected of you and so little support is given. Seek some counseling, you are going through a grieving process right now and it's important to recognize that. If you need someone to discuss this with, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm very sorry for your loss and good luck to you, I have no doubt you will be an amazing father.

That is too True Pasty

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All I've ever wanted was to be able to be a dad and raise my kids the way I was... As a Gator!
Being a dad isn't all about biology. If biology doesn't cooperate, go be a dad to some other kids who need one. They aren't hard to find if you look a little, neighborhood, church, family, whatever. If nothing else, start with Big Brothers.

Good foster parents are hard to find also. When I was a prosecutor, they were like superheroes showing up to save the day with a minivan and a few car seats in the darkest times.

That being said, I know a couple who gave up then had their first at 40 after they stopped all the fertility treatments.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Being a dad isn't all about biology. If biology doesn't cooperate, go be a dad to some other kids who need one. They aren't hard to find if you look a little, neighborhood, church, family, whatever. If nothing else, start with Big Brothers.

Good foster parents are hard to find also. When I was a prosecutor, they were like superheroes showing up to save the day with a minivan and a few car seats in the darkest times.

That being said, I know a couple who gave up then had their first at 40 after they stopped all the fertility treatments.
My wife had numerous miscarriages over the years. Honestly, I didn’t want any kids. Had already raised two stepsons from my prior marriage and besides, I was too old. Well, with her at 36 and me at 46 she gets pregnant again, so end up having a little boy at age 47. He’ll be 4 next week and I can’t imagine life without him.
Kev, hang in there. You never know what life has in store for you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I met a number of good foster family while dealing in family court for two years. Along with a lot of absolutely horrible stories, the last two times I was in court. It did a lot to start to regain my faith in my fellow man. All those kids want or someone that will love them unconditionally.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

clapping-pictures-105437-8929528.jpg

Im speechless at that entire post of yours..............bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.